Stainless Steel Performer Gas Assist

JamieLamb

TVWBB Member
Knowing that I like to build stuff, friends of ours gave me a green 22 1/2" charcoal grill that was in their old stainless steel performer. It looks almost new and its date code is EE. Not sure what happened to their frame, but this shell was just sitting in their garage and they wanted it gone. It is missing everything such as the gas assist burner/hardware/propane tank, the thermometer and the ash sweepers. Luckily, I found and bought a stainless steel performer without gas assist on Craigslist for $20 ($20!) with date code N. The grill in the performer I purchased is an old faded black grill that has definitely had better days. Surprisingly, the frame is in very good condition and the stainless steel top is in great condition, especially after giving it a good clean with Barkeepers Friend. The green grill and it's brackets fit perfectly in the frame I bought and I was able to steal the thermometer from the old grill, but the issue I have now is that the new green grill has a hole for the gas assist burner, but I cannot find a replacement. I called Weber and laughed at them for how much they wanted. Like $160 plus tax plus shipping.

Long story short, does anyone have an old gas assist setup that they are willing to part with and sell to me? I just want to bring this baby back to life.

just buy the regulator for the newer performers. costs less than $40 it uses the 1.5 lb disposable propane tanks and fits on the ss burner tube. just ensure you have the retainer clip. I modded my ss to accept this set up. works great. ill post pics once allowed

Back