Stainless Steel Parts

Harold Kessel

I am looking to find stainless steel parts. The warming rack and the swinging basket above it on my old Weber Genesis Silver grill. Does anyone know of a place to get them?

Thanks,

Harold

Hi Harold, I can tell you from the Weber perspective that we do not make stainless steel versions of either of those parts. I'm not sure if there are any 3rd party sources that make them in stainless steel. #IworkforWeber

I'm also looking for a stainless steel lid swinging basket for my genesis 3. Is plated steel still the only option? Does anyone have an item number for the swinging basket? Lastly did some grills come with 2 swinging baskets?

I have only seen or heard of the chrome plated swinging baskets for these grills. Although I think a stainless version would be great, the only thing I have ever cooked in mine is baked potatos. They are sold under two different part #'s, 80632 and 7514. If you do buy a new one definitely price shop. The prices on these fluctuate wildly from site to site. The older grills do have the ability to hold two of these baskets although I doubt any grills came with two originally.

The swinging basket doesn't get in the way like a warming rack does. But, it still starts to corrode and become useless way too fast. Most people just discard them like Larry does when they buy the grills or they use them until they turn into corroded messes and toss them and never replace them. I would maybe consider a swing basket in a SS version if it wasn't too expensive.

Yep, same here John. I had one on my first personal Genesis. I used it for potatos, but it soon started to rust/corrode and went into the trash. I missed it a little, but not enough to pay $15 for a new one that was going to rust out in no time.

Back