Stainless Steel Charcoal Chimney (not a Weber product)

Rusty James

TVWBB Emerald Member

Note: This thread can be moved to a different forum if need be.

Last edited:

Note: This thread can be moved to a different forum if need be.

I know the Weber ones dont last long...a year or two if you use your chimney often.
Stainless steel would certainly last much longer, but I'm curious if the design of this one is on par with the Weber one. The Weber one has a tapered bottom, like a cone, that (I think) get the coals going much quicker.

I've used an el cheapo chimney from WalMart and it just didn't get the coals going as quickly.

I'll just stick to the Weber ones, but mainly because I've acquired so many of them from buying/selling grills that I always have a few lying around.

Stainless would be nice...... but the perforated bottom is a deal killer for me, those have just not worked well. My original Weber chimney lasted almost 10 years, guess I'll keep buying them periodically.

Someone should buy one and do a review.
t0sG1c6.jpg

It sounds like the guy is fabbing them himself. Maybe you could contact him and ask him to make one with more ventilation.

Stainless would be nice...... but the perforated bottom is a deal killer for me, those have just not worked well. My original Weber chimney lasted almost 10 years, guess I'll keep buying them periodically.
Wow, do you keep your's stored inside the house or in a cabinet or something? 10 years is a long time. The bottom of mine always rust out. I keep mine hanging up outside, so they do get rained on.

Wow, do you keep your's stored inside the house or in a cabinet or something? 10 years is a long time. The bottom of mine always rust out. I keep mine hanging up outside, so they do get rained on.

When I use mine, it gets set to rest on the pavers, as soon as it's cool, it goes back in the storage chest w/ the charcoal, grill scrapers, etc. The galvanizing does get burned off on the lower part of the chimney, what really failed was actually burning the wires away. Over time, the grate, especially near the tip of the cone, got visibly thinner and eventually separated.

Back