Stainless side tables for Weber Qs

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I just received a set of stainless side tables from a company in Australia called Kaon. What superb workmanship! I got this set for my CharQ project that I never can seem to finish. Still overcoming some challenges on getting the right handle. These stainless tables sit firm and won't bend like the OEM ones. Of course, the CharQ came without tables, probably because of fear of them meltiing. The handles still have the openings, though, so these tables meant for the Q 200/2000 series grills work perfectly. And being made of stainless, no melting to worry about even if they were inadvertently closed when the grate was not fully cooled down.

I paid US$127 with shipping. Pricey? Yes. But REALLY nice and for this project nothing else comes close.

Stainless Side table.JPEG

Stainless Side table closed.JPEG

Yes, I am really excited about this as I loved using my CharQ except for the lack of any side tables. This fixes that way better - and safer -than trying to use Weber OEM plastic ones.

This Kaon seems like a first-class outfit. My shelves were shipped very promptly considering the distance, and they kept me informed along the way. Unfortunately, they do not yet make shelves for the new style Weber Qs, but I hope they will in time. Meanwhile, they have you covered for the small and mid-size previous Q grills, including, as shown, the CharQ.

I have it on one of those Weber stands that looks like the big Q3200.

You can see a glimpse below the grill in the above pics. I don't want to post a complete picture of my CharQ until I get my handle and this grill is done. I have had some challenges with getting the handle that I want for it.

Is it a custom handle or are you just looking for a replacement for the original handle?

Pretty cool idea. Will they actually be stronger than the plastic as far as weight they can support?

looks like it could be much stronger than the originals, but wonder how it will hold up being secured to the frame? See they also have them for the 320/3200 series.

Yah, I think the plastic ones are pretty strong. I just would be worried that the two pivot nobs would pull out of the frame with too much weight. I guess the best thing to do is install them and put about 10 lbs of weight on one and see how well it holds.

I just received a set of stainless side tables from a company in Australia called Kaon. What superb workmanship! I got this set for my CharQ project that I never can seem to finish. Still overcoming some challenges on getting the right handle. These stainless tables sit firm and won't bend like the OEM ones. Of course, the CharQ came without tables, probably because of fear of them meltiing. The handles still have the openings, though, so these tables meant for the Q 200/2000 series grills work perfectly. And being made of stainless, no melting to worry about even if they were inadvertently closed when the grate was not fully cooled down.

I paid US$127 with shipping. Pricey? Yes. But REALLY nice and for this project nothing else comes close.

View attachment 100257

View attachment 100258

Super cool Jon!! Could I See a picture of the entire Grill and side tables in one picture?

Yep, though to be honest I would not really "load them down" like the side shelf on a Genesis, but they do seem to "flex" a lot with the plastic ones

So, yes it can hold 10 pounds:

IMG_6127.jpegHowever at that weight, the entire plastic frame of the CharQ is starting to bend. All I care about is setting down a platter of burgers or similar and a place to set an instant read thermometer. It should easily do that.

Back