Stable Firmware Release v14

RalphTrimble

TVWBB Diamond Member
I guess the build on my SD card got corrupted over time. I wrote the latest snapshot image to the SD card with disk imager and it was able to flash the AVR and get things back up and running. Now I've just gotta go through and re-do all of the setup again. Thanks for taking the time to reply and verify the snapshot was valid.

RalphTrimble

TVWBB Diamond Member
The fix for the SSL error is you need to update the RasPi firmware with the latest development snapshot. Bryan pushed an update to fix the SSL issue on June 28th.
Snapshot is installed now, I am able to DL from the online repository, thanks again.

Bryan Mayland

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Well that certainly doesn't look right. I just tested mine with 2% and the stock 6% in some hot water and it worked exactly as it should. What it might be is that the PidOutputAverage (the yellow pip sliding around on the output bar) is 90% or greater, it won't activate LidMode because the temperature is going down slowly enough that the PID is still trying to control it. I don't think that's what's triggered there though, so I'm not sure. I just ran the detect math through to check for overflows or rounds to 0 using 400 and 2% and it all checks out so /shrug. I'd normally suggest trying the latest snapshot firmware, but that logic hasn't changed in centuries so I don't think it will make any difference.

Is that version stable 14? I didn't think it had the download links in the corner.

Bryan Mayland

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The wifi config really only adds a file to the Pi's configuration which doesn't affect the control operation of the HeaterMeter (which does its own thing and doesn't even really know there is a Pi). There's another image on the download page apart from the "Stable v14", the "Snapshot" which has all the bug fixes and new features added over the past 2+ years (zeesh, make a new release already, Bryan). So if you have further problems I'd suggest trying that version. Your wifi information should carry over so you can just use the "Download .gz" image from the download page and System -> Backup / Flash Firmware page to upgrade.