SS firebox parts for 2007 S-650 Summit

Yair Halamish

TVWBB Fan
Just bought a used 2007 Summit S-650. I have refurbished a few Genesis 1 before,and thought that refurbishing a Summit will be as easy, I was wrong :confused:
Wish I had discovered this forum before buying it. It have the common problem of the front of the firebox rusting.

I am thinking about a long-term solution, mainly to replace the enamled steel part with a heavy gage 304 stainless. I can make a CNC model in Solidworks software and then take it to a metal fabricator shop for a quote. It could be very expensive to make a single piece, but not so much per piece if a batch of several pieces is made.

Are there people here who would be intetested in such a solution?

Yair

Hi Yair, and welcome.

As you may have already noted in your browsing of the forum, some of our flipper members just junk these grills. Usually the firebox is but one of several problems that sends these grills to the scrap heap. I imagine shipping from Canada > US won't be cheap, either; I know it's expensive from US > Canada.

A downloadable PDF that someone could take to a fabricator to have one made...now that might be helpful to the community for the die-hard owner wanting to rescue his grill.

Last edited:
Just bought a used 2007 Summit S-650. I have refurbished a few Genesis 1 before,and thought that refurbishing a Summit will be as easy, I was wrong :confused:
Wish I had discovered this forum before buying it. It have the common problem of the front of the firebox rusting.

I am thinking about a long-term solution, mainly to replace the enamled steel part with a heavy gage 304 stainless. I can make a CNC model in Solidworks software and then take it to a metal fabricator shop for a quote. It could be very expensive to make a single piece, but not so much per piece if a batch of several pieces is made.

Are there people here who would be intetested in such a solution?

Yair

I just picked up an S670 for almost nothing, and Weber replaced the firebox, lid, and burners. If you end up getting a quote, please let me know. If I go forward with this rebuild, anything that would prolong the life of the box has me interested.

Last edited:

Back