Spitfire

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
For quite sometime I’ve been looking for a rotisserie attachment foe the 14” WSM .I’ve used my minitisserie (tamale pot mod) that I made a long time ago. But I really wanted something a bit better.

Found on Etsy the Spitfire grill for the 14”!! course I had to buy it. It arrived today.
It fits the base and also fits on the top of the body.
The 14” lid does not fit. It will sit on top but there’s no lip to hold it in place. The lid from the Smokey joe does fit.
I will use my battery powered Grizzly spit rotisserie that I used on the minitisserie.

65BC71FF-3EC9-4A04-BE29-F57F9755376C.jpeg

72701E12-B899-47A2-8B85-8FBA43F12F30.jpeg

3781F9DA-455E-4D1A-A04D-049F45387C74.jpeg

AD9B919F-87F7-4D8C-8404-ADF5F8853A28.jpeg

Looks cool, Case!!! Though, not what I was thinking from the title....... (my third favorite WWII fighter.....behind the P51 Mustang, and the F4U Corsair)

1611630704366.png

Wait... I am still waiting to here about the Gaby when it come in and you go and get another new tool. Super cool! After I get my low and slow set up finalized in the kettle, I am moving on to the adding the rotisserie. I can't wait to see this in action.

Wait... I am still waiting to here about the Gaby when it come in and you go and get another new tool. Super cool! After I get my low and slow set up finalized in the kettle, I am moving on to the adding the rotisserie. I can't wait to see this in action.
Oh the Gabby, hey that showed up too.

I still need to see if my roto motor is going to work with this or if I'm going to have to mod the bracket. I'll be taking a look at that this afternoon.

Oh the Gabby, hey that showed up too.

I still need to see if my roto motor is going to work with this or if I'm going to have to mod the bracket. I'll be taking a look at that this afternoon.
I hope the current roto motor fits easily. What is you take on the Gabby?

Does the smokey joe lid securely? This etsy store has some cool stuff. Messaged him to see if I can get a riser with a lip for the standard 14.5 cooker lid. If I could set my Hunsaker rack on it - would definitely order one.

Does the smokey joe lid securely? This etsy store has some cool stuff. Messaged him to see if I can get a riser with a lip for the standard 14.5 cooker lid. If I could set my Hunsaker rack on it - would definitely order one.
Yes the Smokey Joe lid fits perfect and tight. I was actually looking at it tonight and was thinking I’d like the ring without the rotisserie cut outs and mount to do some other things and was going to contact them and seeing if I could just get a ring made.

Yes the Smokey Joe lid fits perfect and tight. I was actually looking at it tonight and was thinking I’d like the ring without the rotisserie cut outs and mount to do some other things and was going to contact them and seeing if I could just get a ring made.
He messaged and said he can do one that will hold a WSM lid. Also sent a photo with a Hunsaker like rack on it. Thought that was pretty neat.

So the motor fits perfectly with no mods needed. I need to come up with a bushing for the other side of some sorts to fill the gap and hold the rod.

50888488771_c33e453806_c.jpg

50888488761_b7cd8af4c1_c.jpg

50888488616_982952f4b9_c.jpg

Back