Spirit II discontinued in 2021

Now you have me wondering if I should keep the Spirit II Mocha color I just got used for $180 or still plan on selling it.
If you can get warranty service, keep it. What can you get better at that price? Besides, no guarantee you will find any particular part for any grill in the future.

That is what happens when you go public for most companies decisions have to be made if something is not selling or producing the required amount of profit you discontinue it. Private companies obviously have more latitude as nobody can drill down into the product mix and how much profit that product mix produces because they don't need to disclose that. They may decide for example that they are okay with an entry level grill any grill which produces less profits because they hope that customer decides down the road to upgrade. Public companies are judged by the quarter and forecasts for the year. You got to deal with analysts when your private not a problem.

I am really interested in, please not bashing the SmokeFire as I stated I would not do that again but the supposed sale with the 100 day return which ends early Sept I think around the 7th what they do, does the price go up the $200 back to a normal return policy? Grilling selling season is basically over Sept is generally when these various chains dump on sales all the cheapo gas grills to get rid of inventory before the fall. Do they leave the price the same then just cut back on the return policy? Hard to say what they do I get its a Pellet Grill and not a gas grill but stll they have to make decisions, could one be lets redesign this thing V3 or whatever you want to call it and be ready in February when most chains are probably making decisions on the product mix for the upcoming grill selling season.
I was surfing Amazon yesterday afternoon and I saw a notice of a price change on the SmokeFire and I think it was around + $200 went back in today but couldn't find it.

Now you have me wondering if I should keep the Spirit II Mocha color I just got used for $180 or still plan on selling it.
If you are wise, you will avoid getting sucked into the grill collecting whirlpool. Ask my wife... So, yes, I think a Mocha Spirit II will become a little bit collectable as another of Weber's introductions that didn't last. But no one is likely to ever pay you much for that curiosity..

So, I think you should keep it and cook on it if your really like. To me, though, I would rather flip that Spirit II for profit and get a classic, well restored Weber to cook on - even if the restoration means your own hard work!

Back