Spiral cut Kimchee pickles

Never had the spiral cut pickles, but my wife makes a kick pickle kimichi it goes with so many foods. I love it one of my top 5 kimichis.

I made these today and can’t figure out how it works. Plenty of YouTube videos how to do it but it’s like magic. The recipe was meh, but the spiral cut is fascinating View attachment 84660
I've done spiral cuts on foods before. Cool technique. Skewer through middle, full length of food. Hold at preferred angle while slicing to the skewer...ideally in one continuous motion, rotating food the whole cut. I got pretty good at it but you've inspired me, John...haven't done this in ages.

Would you do the same recipe again?

I've done spiral cuts on foods before. Cool technique. Skewer through middle, full length of food. Hold at preferred angle while slicing to the skewer...ideally in one continuous motion, rotating food the whole cut. I got pretty good at it but you've inspired me, John...haven't done this in ages.

Would you do the same recipe again?
This spiral cut is different that’s why it’s so interesting. You place the cucumber between 2 chopsticks and make 45° cuts then you flip the cucumber over put it between 2 chopsticks again and make cross cuts. Voila a spiral! Watch YouTube for spiral cut kimchee pickles and you will be amazed. The flavors were off on the recipe I used, but the cut is what I was interested in. I have a better recipe for kimchee pickles.

Back