Spice recall announcement from November - heavy metals taint

Thanks Darren, I didn't see this before. Thanks for posting. Good to know this stuff.

Yikes! Guess we have to grow and dry our own now.
The article suggested the same, but I don't see how that necessarily solves the problem. Elsewhere the articles says the heavy metals are coming from the soil in which the herbs and spices are grown. How many home gardeners have their soil tested for heavy metals?

I grow some herbs. Some, like peppermint and spearmint, are in containers. Others are in the ground. I mixed the container medium myself using peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite, but even so I have no idea if any of the components might contain heavy metals. I also have no idea if the sage, rosemary, oregano, chives, etc. have picked up anything from the soil they're planted in.

i seriously doubt i am consuming enough herbs and spices to alter my life's mortality arc. i'm more afraid of how people drive their cars during holiday season. people are in a rush to go nowhere of importance, yet they think that gas pedal will get them there 2 minutes earlier which will launch their success into a new universe.

I skimmed and read sections of the linked CR report, but didn't see an actual Recall Notice.

Did I miss that?

I didn't see any actual recall, but the "tests" show which had concerning results.

Happy Belly and La Flor seemed to rack up more three red circles than the others.

Last edited:
i'm more afraid of how people drive their cars during holiday season. people are in a rush to go nowhere of importance, yet they think that gas pedal will get them there 2 minutes earlier which will launch their success into a new universe.
Get off my lawn! 😖

I got a new car last year. It has adaptive cruise control, which is a new feature for me. I now typically set the cruise at the speed limit and let the car do most of accelerating and braking for me. Since starting this practice I've noticed a LOT of people who seem to drive like their life depends on being fifty feet ahead of me rather than fifty feet behind me. I get it if it's open road and they're on a long drive where 10MPH can make a big difference over the course of a day, but around town it's just moronic. As you say, perhaps driving like a maniac will get you there two minutes earlier, but it increases the likelihood of causing an accident by many-fold.

Perhaps we should offer them some nice herbal tea at the next stoplight.

Last edited:

Back