Spares

Ken_K

TVWBB Super Fan
I did two racks of spares on Saturday. These are by far the best I have ever done and I think I've nailed down my technique. I ran the cooker at ~ 275 with a combination of hickory and apple. I used a 12" clay saucer in the foiled over water pan.

I ran the ribs for 3 hours in the smoke, then I foiled for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then unfoiled for about another hour or so until they tested tender with a probe.

The meat was moist and tender, it pulled cleanly from the bone but was not mushy, it's the perfect way that I like them. My wife even went nuts for them and she doesn't normally like ribs all that much. I am excited to be able to produce better ribs than I could get at any place around here any time I want now.

I really have gotten to know my cooker and I have great confidence in its ability to hit and maintain a target temp for as long as I need it to.

A couple of pics...

Ready to come off the smoker...

Sauced and cut for serving..

Nice!! I put some spares on about three hours ago, think I'll give your technique a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Those are some nice lookin ribs. It's amazing how well the WSM works for great tasting BBQ huh? I also like using a mix of Hickory and Apple wood. Thanks for the pics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael C.:
Those are some nice lookin ribs. It's amazing how well the WSM works for great tasting BBQ huh? I also like using a mix of Hickory and Apple wood. Thanks for the pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, the WSM is my weekend escape these days. All week I muddle through just hoping for decent weather so I can spend time in 'smoke therapy'. ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Z:
Nice!! I put some spares on about three hours ago, think I'll give your technique a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let us know how they turned out!

Back