Spares from a Pig.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
pretty nice outside today, why not cook on the Weber.
Using Royal Oak Chef's Select, I got the chimney fired-up and dumped some chunked apple wood on top for smoke.
A nice rack of spares from Sam's, they were seasoned with my favourites:
Penzey's BBQ 3000 and their Galena Street rubs.
DSCN8345.JPG

DSCN8347.JPG

yeah, a coupla beef bones for Mad sat next to the ribs.
DSCN8346.JPG

I set the WSM to 250ºF then walked away
icon_wink.gif

while those were cookin',
DSCN8354.JPG

...the Weber Fireplace was fired-up as well.
DSCN8353.JPG

Bones lookin' done...
DSCN8356.JPG

butt a few more hours for the spares.
DSCN8358.JPG

after a total of 5 hours and 8 minutes, I turned the ribs over to sauc'em with??HEAD COUNTRY??
DSCN8359.JPG

20 minutes later, i smeared the other side with the same stuff.
DSCN8361.JPG

these ribs were done, i'm tellin'ya, they were tenderAND almost fall apartTOOgood.
So i took'um off. Set them in the oven's holding tank while i cooked corn.
DSCN8362.JPG

And sweet baby peppers<span class="ev_code_GREY">(yes, again)</span>
DSCN8364.JPG

DSCN8366.JPG

got the ribs out from hidin' an' sliced'um up.
DSCN8368.JPG

2-bones each.
DSCN8371.JPG

plated with some excellent green beans and the peppers and the DaggumGood February corn and th.... well....
icon_rolleyes.gif

DSCN8372.JPG

DSCN8376.JPG

DSCN8375.JPG

The corn ~ from FLA, the beans ~ not sure, the peppers ~ from Mexico and the spare ribs ~ from a very tasty pig!
Thank you Pig!
And Thank you for visiting
icon_smile.gif

Jim you did it again. Everything looks wonderful. I am going to have to get me some of those Penzey's spices I see you using. What I wouldn't give for some fresh sweet corn right about now

Hey Buddy, can you spare me a rib?
And an ear with a bean 'n pepper or 2?
Heck, I'll even go toe to toe with Mad for a bone!

Super Duper cook Jim!

Fantastic meal Jim! Your corn definitely beat mine from yesterday! Dang, just ate a few hours ago, but could find room for a plate of this delicious meal!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jim you NEVER cease to amaze me! You meals are fit for a King. Always well balanced with meat and veggy. I am sure you enjoy the cook as much as the eating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill W. Michigan:
Jim, you can even make dog bones look good.. But, I'll just go for the ribs if you don't mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Srsly... I wouldn't pass those bones on to tha dog without a full inspection of them with a marrow fork (and some toast points nearby)!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The corn ~ from FLA, the beans ~ not sure, the peppers ~ from Mexico and the spare ribs ~ from a very tasty pig!
Thank you Pig! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you pig is right! I was wondering where you got the corn and peppers. I thought maybe it was an older post that was revived, but no, you pulled a fast one on us and made a delicious summertime dinner in mid February. Good work my friend. Those ribs are championship quality.

w0w! Thanks for all the nice comments
icon_smile.gif

sorry patrick, maddie is rarely a bad girl
icon_wink.gif

lookin' forward to it Kim
icon_biggrin.gif

no where near championship quality gary, butt they were certainly tasty ribs
icon_smile.gif

and sean, actually, there are four bones there, i cut them double and as i may need to diet, i'm not.
icon_razz.gif

You definitely have my mouth watering. One more fantastic cook in Raymond, WI.

Great job as always Jim!
icon_smile.gif

Back