"Spare" ribs

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Note to self......always keep some smoked half racks of ribs in the freezer. I heated these up from frozen in my sous vide setup (barely or not quite simmering water would work great) for a couple hours @ 170F. Painted them with a glaze of Sweet Baby Ray's, honey and some adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles) then ran them under the broiler to set the glaze. Tasted like they just came off the smoker!

My daughter was hungry, so only got the one pic....

1647394962617.jpeg

My wife picked up dessert.....

1647394981348.jpeg

Wow, those look great!

Your wife is a keeper, for sure! Wish we could buy spirits at Costco here.

Rich,
Ribs look great, I just got two rack of BB's from wild fork (daughter request BB's over st. Louis style).I haven't done ribs in way to long. I am going to try to get those cooked this weekend.

I am trying to start to build up cooks that I can pull out of the freezer for quick weekday meals as the weekday nights are about to get crazy with my son in school soccer and my daughter on the school track and field team. Doing a double batch of chili Verdes tonight and a large pork shoulder for pulled pork this weekend. This will be a new phase in (the the purpose of) my backyard bbqing.

Rich,
Ribs look great, I just got two rack of BB's from wild fork (daughter request BB's over st. Louis style).I haven't done ribs in way to long. I am going to try to get those cooked this weekend.

I am trying to start to build up cooks that I can pull out of the freezer for quick weekday meals as the weekday nights are about to get crazy with my son in school soccer and my daughter on the school track and field team. Doing a double batch of chili Verdes tonight and a large pork shoulder for pulled pork this weekend. This will be a new phase in (the the purpose of) my backyard bbqing.
Easy dinners for busy weeknights are the best, Michael! Lots of stuff you can cook from scratch pretty quickly, but it's also nice to be able to pull out something that would normally need long prep and just heat/eat. Good plan on the double batch of chile verde! Lots of fun ways you can put that to work!

R

Back