Spare Rib Cooking Oops

Mike W.

TVWBB Member
Hi!

I made a minor mistake. I bought four slabs of a whole spare rib. I was in a rush to get them on, so I prepared them like I would BRITU. After I put them on, I checked the web site for whole ribs, and saw that you should trim them before you put them on. Woops.

So, will it take longer to cook now that I am cooking the whole thing? I didn't remove the skirt or the loin part...just the membrane on the back. Should I continue to cook them for 4 to 5 hours?

thanks in advanced...

The skirt will get really dried out before the rest of the ribs are ready. Otherwise, they should be fine and won't take any longer than untrimmed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Lohrentz:
The skirt will get really dried out before the rest of the ribs are ready. Otherwise, they should be fine and won't take any longer than untrimmed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll second this post. I rarely bother with trimming the loin part off.

Well, a few hours later and you were right, everything turned out great! The skirt did get dried out, but the loin part was good and the ribs were excellent!

Once again, thanks for all the great information!

Back