Sous Vide

Clifford.Hubbard

TVWBB Member
Santa Clause brought me a Sous Vide device for Christmas. This is my first attempt at a rib eye.

Out of the bath at 130F

Seared in the pan and ready to eat...

Congratulations, on your Anova sous vide cooker! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it's a workhorse, built like a tank!

I bought one, approximately 1 1/2 years ago. Liked it so much I bought a second one! My daughter, the yuppie attorney, has one also.

I've cooked, most every type of protein with mine, poached eggs, lobster, shrimp, fish, steaks, lamb chops, prime rib, pork loin, various roasts, st Louis ribs, back ribs, beef ribs, hamburgers, chicken parts boneless and skin on...

Everything has turned out excellent! The texture of a perfectly cooked steak, or chicken breast, will surprise and amaze most people.

I use the time and temperature charts, in the book, "sous vide for the home cook" by Douglas E. Baldwin.

One of the things, that so pleased me, was a sous vide, perfectly cooked, poached egg! The yolk was as light as a cloud!

If you're not already doing so, I would recommend keeping a log, of each cook, for time and temp. As this helped me, the next time, I cooked something.

Once again, a huge congratulations!

IMHO sous vide, since it has become so much more affordable, is the future of home cooking!

I'll have to admit, I had to read up on this to understand the process. Very interesting. That last shot of the Rib Eye looks delicious!

I too was interested in sous vide cooking but didn't want to invest a lot of money in something I've never done. Enter a really great inexpensive sous vide temperature controller I found on Amazon from "Dorkfood". I bought one for $99.99 and have been having great results. Sunday I sous vide a Tri-Tip and then did a good sear on the performer, my guests could not believe how tender, flavorful, and juicy the TT was.
If you've been thinking about getting into sous vide check Dorkfood out.

Bill

Your steak looks darned good. Nice pink from edge to edge.

The new model Anova got a good review at Serious Eats. I've had my eye on it ever since.

If you try any other cooks with yours, please tell us about it.

I have a Sansaire unit that I luv ... Currently have it cooking a brisket for super bowl !! I use my ice chest as a vessel for lager cuts

67670DE3-C335-4E0A-B28B-4C7BD009E984_zpsb4ud7bd9.jpg

Back