IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5563.jpg

Kids plates

IMG_5564.jpg

My plate. My wife's looked similar.

IMG_5569.jpg

Yum

Last edited:
Nate, that is some wonderful looking TT. How long did the sous vide cooking take and how do you know when the the meat will be done?

Nate, that is some wonderful looking TT. How long did the sous vide cooking take and how do you know when the the meat will be done?

My guide was this but I put in my own temp and time. We had errands to do today and didn't know when we'd be back so I started it before we left. It was in the water bath for 7hrs 20min.

IMG_5572.png

I set it at 131degrees F.

Nate, I'd take your plate of food any time. It all looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Nate, That looks awesome! Sort of a high tech reverse sear... What temp did you cook it to in the water bath?

Regards,

John

Nate, would I be correct in assuming that is the meat is in the water bath for the stated time that it will be ready, and that if it stays in longer that would not be a problem? What souse vide unit do you recommend?

Nate, would I be correct in assuming that is the meat is in the water bath for the stated time that it will be ready, and that if it stays in longer that would not be a problem? What souse vide unit do you recommend?

That's a screen shot of the Joule app that operates the Joule Sous vide device. I could have picked one of those temps and entered a time, but I just entered my own temp and time. So yes, that's the temp and time in the water bath. As for Sous vide machines, I ordered the Joule last Wednesday when I saw they discounted the price for the day and is the only one I've used so don't have any thing to compare to. The anova was 2nd in line but I really liked the compact size and power of the Joule.

Back