Sous vide tomahawk

Sorry I had troubles posting, but the recap is that I started with a 2.7 pound tomahawk steak that was sous vide for three hours at 125°. Lisa and I enjoyed it with a chopped Caesar salad, corn on the cob, and a twice baked potato!

James, that is a picture perfect steak! Glad to see I'm not the only one who ignores all of the warnings to not use a temp below 130F! :)

Great use of your grill real estate, too!

R

Looks tasty, I have a 3 pound tomahawk sitting in the freezer right now just waiting for a bit warmer weather as we did one a few weeks back. Not sure why or if the double steak spice was needed. I was worried at first with the Carne Crosta rub, but I put it on pretty heavy and like your pick cook it as hot as I can get it and it comes out great with no additional salt needed. Either way it looks fabulous, cooked to a nice medium rare ish...
I hope you as the cook were the one to get to gnaw off the char, fat and juice off of that bone. No one to fight against at my house so I always win.
CARNE CROSTA hands down is better than any other rub I have had, I am in for life as long as can always get it.
Now the traditional steak rub I use ( killer hogs ) is spice for things like fried veggies for tacos.

Back