Sous vide for a party...... Short ribs

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
I did these some time ago for a good size party and just recently did 4 tritips for another party. Frankly, this Anova is a great little machine and has no problem heating up the water in this cooler to temp quickly and holding it just fine. The cooler holds just about 6 gallons of water as well.

Here's the short ribs sealed...... 5 half ribs to a sealed bag and I had 6 bags.
IMG_0027.JPG

140F for 72 hours......
IMG_0029.JPG

Sloppy camera work. I suspect the predinner cocktail had something to do with that.
IMG_0022.JPG

Very tender; good sear.
IMG_0024.JPG

Paired nicely with a Sicilian Nero d'Avola.
IMG_0021.JPG

Thanks for looking! I'll have to share the tritip photos in a couple days. That turned out really well.

Super looking SV short ribs Pete!
I want to do these soon with my Anova, but need to get set up with something like a cooler for the 72 hour cook.

Wow!

When I saw this pic:

IMG_0024.JPG

my mouth immediately started watering. Fantastic cook, Pete, and you have me wanting an Anova for myself.

I recently ordered a SV machine and it will be arriving soon. Question though, when you do your sear are you using gas or charcoal? I only own charcoal grills/smokers, but was wondering if it was worth it to light up coals just for a quick sear. Seems this is the perfect spot for a gas grill.

Back