Sous vide chop with tots

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Every year my wife gets dolled up with friends to watch the Oscar's. I'm not a huge movie guy, and I really can't stand award shows, so I'm usually on my own for dinner for this evening..... I found a chop in the freezer, so I went with a bourbon/mustard glaze recipe. First, I dropped the chop (still frozen) into a 132F sous vide bath (about four hours......). Later, I mixed up the glaze:

3 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp bourbon
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
Salt/pepper to taste

Simmered the glaze for a bit....... Got my Summit going with two burners on high. After a preheat, I hit the chop (now out of the sous vide and patted dry) with a little salt, and some glaze. Then onto the grill it went! 90 seconds, turn 90 degrees, 90 seconds, glaze top, flip, 90 seconds, turn 90 degrees, 90 seconds, done.

Here it is after the flip:

1648429601529.jpeg

I did the tots in the air fryer after tossing them with some salt and chili powder. Sliced the chop, and plated for service (for one)

1648429641489.jpeg

The chop was very juicy, and the glaze was good. I think it needs a touch more bourbon, and maybe even some molasses to replace some of the brown sugar for a little more depth.

I won't claim to be ready for a Monday, but this helps....

Rich

Back