Sous Vide Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Garlic

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
No Webers saw any action yesterday, but I had to share this recipe. Definitely exceeded expectations.

To summarize: S&P on the roast, then a hot sear in cast iron. Add butter to the pan, along with some garlic, then port wine. Reduce down and allow to cool a bit. Add the roast and the sauce, along with a few sprigs of thyme to a ziplock or vacuum bag, remove air and seal. Sous Vide for 2.5-3 hours and desired temp. When done, remove roast from bag and pat dry. Set sauce aside. Sear the roast again. When done, deglaze the pan with the sauce and reduce. Slice roast and serve with sauce.

1608991395397.png

1608991314860.png

some good living at Jim's place.... first the roast, only to be followed by a beautiful tenderloin - ! looks really nice - happy holidays!!

What temp did you sous vide ?
Looks great and takes worry away.
Friend sous vide a rib roast and was the best too.

I did 131, which is what I normally use for steaks. In hindsight, I'd bump that up a few degrees for a roast like this - maybe 134 or so. This was fantastic, but a tad rare even for me. I guess when doing steak at this temp, you get a little more 'through cook' on the sear.

Back