Source for a new/used griddle for a Genesis Silver B?

t0sG1c6.jpg

Not the one I posted.

I've never had a flat top but I think I'd find use for it
I have no doubt about that! Maybe you can find one that could be used on more than one grill...in case a grill leaves the island at some point...Also, at that price point, maybe an used flat top could be found nearby.

I have no doubt about that! Maybe you can find one that could be used on more than one grill...in case a grill leaves the island at some point...Also, at that price point, maybe an used flat top could be found nearby.
I think I'll have a x000 for a long time, and a combo flat top roti grill seems like a good way to keep it on the island.

I think I'll have a x000 for a long time, and a combo flat top roti grill seems like a good way to keep it on the island.
And then there is this:

That would be my concern, that it wouldn't get hot enough, fast enough, but it depends on what you intend to cook on it.

Last edited:
Also, at that price point, maybe an used flat top could be found nearby.

I've looked and haven't seen one. They seem to be more "in demand" than used x000s or Silver/Gold B/Cs.

but it depends on what you intend to cook on it.

Breakfast outdoors summer mornings when it is cool, yet as fun as it sounds, I don't think it will really happen that often.

smash burgers, bacon, veggies, grilled onions. All of these can be done on CI, yet the cleanup of the CI is a bit more work.

A half grate that fits the E330 as an exact replacement of a cooking grate would be nice, but grease management is on the small side.

And, I think I'd get better temp control on the 1000 with a little griddle.

We'll see. I really don't need one, but that hasn't stopped me before :D

(edited to clarify a few things...)

Last edited:
Is there something wrong with this one, other than it is only half-size?

View attachment 49831

EDIT: Just noticed this is the same as the one @DSeltz linked above. My GrillGrates are exactly 17.375" and fit with room to spare, so 17.5" shouldn't pose a problem...but if needed, a little touch-up work with an angle grinder (or a flat file) on the nubs that are used to space the griddle N-S will get them placed properly. Note that there are side projections to prevent you from from using two griddles side by side to avoid overheating the cookbox, but it's only cast iron...
I ended up getting the "Reversible 7598 Replacement Parts for Weber Grill Griddle" and it fits my Genesis Silver B well (replacing one of the grates). I haven't used it yet. Will report back with a review.

Not the one I posted.

I've never had a flat top but I think I'd find use for it
Dan, if you have the accessories, you will always find reasons to use them!😉
That reminds me, I should start the reorganization of grilling accoutrements! Sunny day, pretty good day for that.

Dan, if you have the accessories, you will always find reasons to use them!😉
That reminds me, I should start the reorganization of grilling accoutrements! Sunny day, pretty good day for that.
Storage and organization are lacking on my BBQ island. I need to handle that next, before I collect any more accessories, gadgets, gizmos, griddles, grates or other grilling stuff.

Storage and organization are lacking on my BBQ island. I need to handle that next, before I collect any more accessories, gadgets, gizmos, griddles, grates or other grilling stuff.
Well, that project was sidelined very quickly, went to look at paint samples for bedroom and deck finish for the back, followed that up with a greenhouse visit and subsequent planting but, weather is supposed to continue to be lovely all week. I figure if I simply get through the grilling equipment(there are some pretty rusty old grates that need to head to the knackers!
I am planning on a butt smoke for the weekend so, I can get some of that sorted out and ready for setup…I should be more industrious than just pulling that set up out! IF I get through the grilling inventory in half a day, I will be happy enough. Wife’s Great grandmothers table is coming back from the restoration guy just after lunch so, I can get some of the garage started at least.

Back