Sooo, what are we smoking or grilling this holiday weekend?

1.5 briskets & some ribs. Did a butt last weekend and still have a bunch in the freezer for sandwiches.

Tonight – Beef & Shrimp Kabobs on the grill
Saturday – Cornish Hens on the rotisserie
Sunday – Baby Back Ribs on the WSM
Monday - Larry Wolfe’s Pepper Stout Beef

Saturday night I'll start the smoker for an overnight 11lb pork shoulder that has been injected and rubbed 2 days ago and sitting in the fridge.
Start it about 11pm and once it stabilizes (which is pretty quickly) off to bed. Get up at about 6am and check it. Probably pull it at around 10am (or when it hits 195 internal).
I have been using a lot of commercial rubs lately and basic apple juice/apple Cider Vin injections. Nothing fancy, whatever tickles me at the time. : )

Saturday, I'm doing a couple of tri-tips in the WSM with friends and family. I hope there will be some of the most rare portion left over to sear grill as steaks on Tuesday for a friend who can't make it on Sat.

Rich

I wasn't going to be doing anything, until I went to the meat market. I got an itch so I asked if they still had any briskets and lo and behold they did, but they laughed. Said, they're big! Bog as in they had some 20#'s. They found the smallest they had which was just under 15# so I said, trim her up and she's mine.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get this done and everything else I actually had planned.
icon_smile.gif
Oh well, I was hungry and brisket sounded good, otherwise, I just finished the last package from my last pork butt, and they had a beautiful 10# giving me the eye...I resisted, I've got a boat to prep and splash!

Two pork butts for an overnight cook tonight. Which reminds me, it's time to get some rub on them.

I'm in Canada so our long weekend was the last but I'm testing a solid rib sauce. Went to the Farmer's Market this am and grabbed some great produce (and a little fudge).

We'll see how it goes.

Good luck Yanks !

Keeping it relatively simple. Just picked up 2 beautiful tri-tips from Bristol Farms (high end market in California) at 40% off. Likely going to do one on the WSM and the other on the performer. Not sure on the sides yet. Oh, and some frosty cold Stella's
icon_biggrin.gif

Just grilling some brats and burgers Saturday. Daughter in from collage this weekend. Come Dec. she will have her Masters. Three quarters done and holding a 4.0

I got the boneless pork country style ribs marinading in jerk paste right now for tomorrow and gonna smoke some wings sometime this weekend! I used walkerswood jerk paste from Jamaica! It is out of this world good but also very hot and spicy! I toned it down with some soy sauce and a little apricot preserves..

Precooking some MOINK today along with my Cheezits and Pretzel concoction. Tomorrow a butt and BB ribs for the company.

It's a good weekend.....
icon_wink.gif

It was going to be a triple play this weekend, but today's all day storms is forcing me to use the oven today.

Today was a pork shoulder marinated and being used for Cuban sandwiches. I hadn't planned on using wood, so moving to the oven won't be that bad. The good thing is the house smells great.

Tomorrow will be steak kabobs and Monday will be a briskie

Had burgers for lunch and we just polished off a couple of outstanding NY Strips on the infrared gasser (1.75" thick, just salt and pepper, rested in foil). Better than every restaurant around here except for the big NYFC steakhouses!

Nothing tomorrow, but for SmokeDay I've got a 13# packer in the fridge with a bunch of friends coming over to help field strip it once it's done.

With me it's about 12-15# of home cured pork belly aka cured bacon that I plan to smoke. At least 1/2 cup of real maple syrup was added to the cure.

Dinner last night: a tri-tip.

Overnight: a pork butt. Just pulled it off, and I'm going to make us some eggs Benedict with some and pull the rest for sandwiches for lunch.

This afternoon: beef ribs.

Friday: T Bones and Ribeyes on the grill.
Saturday: Bacon Cheese burgers on grill.
Sunday: Baby back ribs on the WSM
Monday: Pork butt on the WSM

Homebrews to wash it all down =)

Back