Sooo, what are we smoking or grilling this holiday weekend?

dean

TVWBB Pro
I am smoking country style ribs that will be marinaded in walkerswood jerk paste! Also I am thinking about doing some kind of wings...

I hope to do a brisket, ribs, butt, sausages, veggies, some fish, and abts. Friends are pitching in which is the best!

Our holiday was last weekend and we had pork chops friday night, chicken wings saturday night and good old hamburgers Sunday night, all done on the performer.

St. Louis style spare ribs smoked over hickory and rubbed down with Applewood, that will be in the Bar-B-Q-Kettle using a loose version of the 3-2-1 method and the minion method just for method's sake.

Brian's roadside chicken over applewood which will have been marinated about 8 hours prior, that will be in the Mastertouch.

Nathan's hotdogs for the kiddos and kiddos at heart (and palate, LOL) in the 18 OTS.

Should be a festive day!

I'll be at a reunion in Tunica, MS this weekend investing in my retirement.
icon_smile.gif
Ribs the next weekend though.

Actually I will have ribs on Saturday night but my cousin's son from Memphis will be doing the cooking in Memphis. He's a competitive cooker and very good.

Nothing Friday and Saturday. Sunday will likely be steaks as we are entertaining some friends and we're all beef eaters. Monday, I'll do something I haven't done in quite a while - some babybacks - one rack "traditional" bbq style and another with an asian flare. More than likely gonna kick it all off by celebrating my b-day on Thursday with a Prime ribeye.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dean:
I am smoking country style ribs that will be marinaded in walkerswood jerk paste! Also I am thinking about doing some kind of wings... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a brisket that I just prepped to go on my 22.5" OTG tomorrow (I'm "competing" against my roommate, his brisket recipe, and his crock pot slow cooker). On Monday, I've got a rack of spare ribs that I'm going to put on the grill.

Friday evening: Grilling some chicken basted with a rosemary/soy sauce.

Saturday: Smoking a brisket and later that day some baby backs.

Sunday: Smoking some wings

Monday: All American burgers.

All while enjoying some ice cold adult beverages.

I have cheese burgers, bacon wrapped dogs, chicken and ribs planned. I haven't figured out which day I am cooking each item, I'll let my Wife figure that one out for me!!

Oh, Boy.....I'll miss my smoke when at my 50th College reunion. But, there will not be another , and when we get back... Dunno, maybe a porchetta de testa . Enjoy the Holiday and be safe !!

Having ribeyes Friday evening
Have some St Louis cut spares ready for Saturday
A couple of whole chickens for Sunday
Just good ole burgers and dogs for Monday
And plenty of frosty beverages to make sure it all turns out great
icon_biggrin.gif

friday i will be clearing out steaks from the freezer.

saturday lake opens and my 4 yr old wants to celebrate his bday there, so i will probably make some quick burgers, sausages, and dogs when we get home.

sunday is my sons bday he will be 5 and has requested "real chicken" which after much inquiry he explained he wants a whole chicken cooked.

monday i have a sirloin tip roast i want to try out. never made one before.

Brisket on late friday into saturday. Chops at the end of the cook. Kid free this weekend, so she will have some tasty leeftovers when coming home. On call on sunday, so no cooks for me. Will grill on monday, but haven't decided what yet!

Grilling burgers for Friday dinner, followed by pepper stout beef & grilled wings on Saturday. Sunday... not sure, but something tentative with friends after church. They have asked me to cook, but I'm not sure what yet. Monday is ribs, chicken, burgers & hot dogs @ BiL's house when he opens his pool for the summer.
icon_cool.gif

Friday - pork butt
Saturday - going to a party
Sunday - baby backs and ABTs for friends
Monday - whole chicken

What? No beef?

Back