Soon To Be New WSM Owner

M Hoss

TVWBB Member
Greetings from Canada folks. I am new to this forum and soon to be a WSM owner for the first time. Since I own two 22.5 OTGs I am well aware of the "Weber" mystique and thus have craved a WSM since buying the first 22.5 almost a year ago.....I have a black 2011 and a blue 2008.

30lz1b4.jpg

Started off smoking meat after a trip to Jamaica 2 summers ago - the jerked pork cooked on sweet wood over allspice charcoal in proper pits was a like heaven opening up and talking to me. I had to have more and made my first jerk chicken using charcoal in my gasser with chips tossed in. The results were actually very good and now I have 9 cookers. In the order acquired:

A gasser
A Jim Beam model Bradley Smoker
A cheap offset New Brausfels
A black 22.5 OTG
A Akorn Kamado
A Cinder Block Pit with 2 expanded metal grates.....26 cinder blocks as I recall.....I call her Ugly Betty
A outdoor grill made from the bottom of a 55 g barrel that I use to cook over fresh hardwood coal...usually hickory
A Dads Rootber portable grill.....blue in colour with a decal and a smoke stack to the side
A blue 22.5 OTG

I wanna make it 10....and have plans for at least another 2. I'd love to have a 1/4 inch steel reverse flow stick burner. For now the WSM, how I gonna run it and mods I am gonna make fill my mind. Where the wood chunks will go and making a meat hanger are my most frequest thoughts.

Made some good food on my Kettles.....smoked hamburgers with carmelized oinions and chipolte mayo:

2uekzlf.jpg

Smokering on a burger....these really are tasty things....buddy of mine says of everything I do on a regular basis the burgers rule:

2uzbjpt.jpg

Brisket....my first of 2 attempts and the better of the 2:

2ec3uow.jpg

I do not have vast experience to share guys but I will add what I know. I am sure I will have more questions than answers and learn more than assist.

Can never have to many cookers since you never know when the neighbourhood may drop in. Welcome to the group Hoss.

Welcome your cooks look awesome and pictures right away! I'll take a burger or two.

Back