Some thing new?

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Well we bought a prepared steak like this in france. But the filling was heavy on Dijon mustard. It was good´n´all..But i know i can do it better to fullfill my taste.

Here we Go:

Base is a Thick Porkloin(chop)...Filled with a schroom sause...Held together with a few slices of thick pork belly.(bacon)

In a pan: shrooms/chopped onion "sauteed" then some flour/cream/soy/salt/pepper was added to make a thick sauce.

A thick cut of loin...With a belly wrap(added some twines to hold it together) Then fill it with the sauce.

Some sides:

Cooking:

Done: Pulled @ 150f

A decent one! Will do this with salmon and a fresh cheese/a chive/parsley filling.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Daniel/Emilie, your ideas are completely off the grid!
Yet, OUTSTANDING!
You're walking around with these photos of food in your minds that are absolutely Funky & Fun!
Then you plate'm & show'em off...
Unreal!

Dude, you have a killer babe for awife and a farout attitude! Don't lose either one!

Very nice looking dinner!!! The Mrs. looks happy and content so dinner must have been a huge success!!

Thanks again ppl! I had to rotate the meat a few times pretty close to the coals to cook(char) the belly. Or if you have one of those nifty gas tourtches...Even a weed burner would work.

About the sauce B Krikalo:

Just sautee onions and shrooms untill they have some color. Dust over some flour and stir it in. When desolved add cream and a splash of soysauce.(mostly for color..but this will add a nice saltyness aswell)

You can add any stock now...I used an redused onion stock. Add salt/pepper to taste. Let it simmer to the thickness you are after.

Easy but good.

Back