Some St Louis’ on the grill.

Well that sucks. Looks like I am to late for dinner. Good lookin ribs bud.
You’re now early for the next dinner. Thanks for the positive feedback. A little sweet heat on these. Not too sugary and not all peppery. A perfect blend of spices and a little salt on the ribs pre-rub to bring up that pork flavor.

Planning on ribs today. It is currently 16 degrees and windy-feels like 3 degrees. I will be doing them indoors in the oven. Just call me a wimp.

Planning on ribs today. It is currently 16 degrees and windy-feels like 3 degrees. I will be doing them indoors in the oven. Just call me a wimp.
nah, that's smart. i struggle with temps below 50. oven ribs are just fine. i like them chinese style that way as the smoke isn't really needed when making char siu style ribs. post some pics if you have time.

your summit komado will easily smoke in cooler temps. maybe you need a new coat?

but, not one like this :D

View attachment 42927
new coat? how about A coat. i don't even own a coat anymore. literally, when at home, all year, shorts and t-shirts and flips. i just hate our cold weather. December and early January are bad. then it warms up and i'm better.

i did do these in 50 degrees last sunday.

side note, if you want to check out the Winco tongs, lmk. we can connect and you can see for yourself their build quality.

For $90 you've hired a Carhartt model to watch your grill?:unsure:
Note, these ribs were cooked unattended. Literally put them on the E6 once it was at temp and set a timer to come back to wrap them. No probes or monitoring was used.

As for getting mister carhart model, @DanHoo thinks I can look that snazzy if I buy that coat so I can bbq in sub-50° degree weather instead of freezing in sub-50° weather. Yes, that’s cold out here in CA.

Note, these ribs were cooked unattended. Literally put them on the E6 once it was at temp and set a timer to come back to wrap them. No probes or monitoring was used.

As for getting mister carhart model, @DanHoo thinks I can look that snazzy if I buy that coat so I can bbq in sub-50° degree weather instead of freezing in sub-50° weather. Yes, that’s cold out here in CA.
I thought you meant -50. That is cold. 50. Well... that is surf weather...

As a younger me, heat was okay, cold was okay. Now 75 is warm. 56 in car requires ac. 106, ice. Older me, well i will need a heater meater set for full fan 70.

Back