Some chicken again Jamaican inspired this time.

Guil Daigle

TVWBB Member
I first got inspired by E Mann's cheese thread http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?46081-1st-smoked-cheese-of-the-season! and got a block of 5 years old white cheddar and smoked it under 90 degrees on the WSM with some apple wood.

IMG_2460.jpg

The chicken was on special this week so I got myself a bird and decided to go somewhere I had never gone before. I had heard of jerk chicken for a while and it always intrigued me so I decided to go ahead and try the chicken this way.

Here are the ingredients for the marinade. I'm not really sure if these are authentic flavors for jerk chicken but that is what I did

IMG_2452.jpg

All blended together

IMG_2454.jpg

In goes the chicken. I marinated it overnight.

IMG_2455.jpg

On to the rottiserie on my old gaz grill. I tried to keep it around 300 degrees until temparature was around 170. I basted it every 15 mins with the marinade which I simmered after pulling out the chicken

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

Platted up with some cheesy brussel sprouts and some baked curry potatoes then mashed and fried. I can't believe I have never had jerk chicken before, that flavors were amazing!! I can't wait to do it again with a bit more spiciness.

IMG_2463.jpg

Thanks for visiting!!

Back