Some advice needed

Ok, so I came up with an idea to have our first annual Brewmaster and Pitmasters party. I hang out with other home brewers and BBQ'rs. I suggested ribs,pulled pork, and brisket . It snowballed and turned into my first attempt at a whole hog. Myself and one other guy will be in charge of the pit. My buddy has a custom smoker similar to a ABS smoker where the smoker box is in the rear and is the full length of the smoker. It looks like we will be able to fit a 60lbr or so in it. Does anyone know how much the bones and skin weigh on a hog per amount of meat? Also does anyone know a good site with a tutorial on doing a whole hog. We both have plenty of BBQ experience just not on a whole hog. I assisted with one once but that's the extent of our whole hog experience. I have until October to figure this out so any help will be appreciated, Ken

Thanks for the link, I think we are just going to fly by the seat of our pants. I mean how hard can it be right? We both have alot of experience and we know when pork is done. Besides we will just make sure everyone has plenty of home brew in them before serving and it will all be good lol. I'll have to post the successes and failures when we do it to maybe encourage or discourage others lol.

Back