SOLVED - Fuel gauge placement on Genesis 1000. Thanks John_NJ

TonyS T-Bone

TVWBB Super Fan
So I finally get around to printing out fuel gauge decals/stickers and OF COURSE I lost my notes on placement. HELPšŸ¤Ŗ. What is the distance from flat level ground to the top of the sticker?. Ive got three repainted frame projects, so none still have the original! Thanks šŸ™553DEFB6-664A-46CC-BF99-CF8D8E85A8D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, vinyl sticker paper, regular inkjet printer, and a few coats of clear spray paint. One of our talented forum members made up templates. This is from the gas grill forum sticky, re parts sources:

Genesis 1xxx Series Serial Number Sticker Template
https://tvwbb.com/threads/genesis-redhead-1100-diamondplate-edition-restoration.75574/post-830201

Genesis 1xxx Series Tank Scale Decal
https://tvwbb.com/threads/genesis-redhead-1100-diamondplate-edition-restoration.75574/post-831733

Genesis 1xxx Series Tank Scale Danger Decal Template
https://tvwbb.com/threads/genesis-redhead-1100-diamondplate-edition-restoration.75574/post-831731

Information On Spraying Clearcoat Over Matte Sticker Stock
https://tvwbb.com/threads/genesis-redhead-1100-diamondplate-edition-restoration.75574/post-832307

Those look nice guys! Member Joel Young was very nice to freely share his graphics work with us.

I, too, used his work and had a print shop make the ones Joel did and some more that I made myself (the Summit/Early Platinum/Gold one was derived by stretching Joel's original). These are printed on a vinyl-type, peel-off decal sheets. While I can't guarantee how long mine will last, they are not inkjet and are supposed to be able to resist at least some water. The only hard part is I have to cut out each one!

I made quite a few so that I can offer them to other hobbyists- not as any money maker (ha! :ROFLMAO:). I only charge $2.00 for the first one and $1.00 each for additional ones, sent in a regular envelope by first class mail. If you don't have the resources or time the guys here put into this, PM if you need any.

Here is a picture of the ones I have available:

Examples of Decals.jpg

I just used some of my own decals on my ever so slowly coming together 1st generation Summit:

IMG_0279.JPEG

Those look nice guys! Member Joel Young was very nice to freely share his graphics work with us.

I, too, used his work and had a print shop make the ones Joel did and some more that I made myself (the Summit/Early Platinum/Gold one was derived by stretching Joel's original). These are printed on a vinyl-type, peel-off decal sheets. While I can't guarantee how long mine will last, they are not inkjet and are supposed to be able to resist at least some water. The only hard part is I have to cut out each one!

I made quite a few so that I can offer them to other hobbyists- not as any money maker (ha! :ROFLMAO:). I only charge $2.00 for the first one and $1.00 each for additional ones, sent in a regular envelope by first class mail. If you don't have the resources or time the guys here put into this, PM if you need any.

Here is a picture of the ones I have available:

View attachment 59070

I just used some of my own decals on my ever so slowly coming together 1st generation Summit:

View attachment 59072
Wow!! "Ever so slowly" - but - LOOK at that frame! Very nice job there, Jon...

Thanks, guys, for the complements. It's not a perfect restore, but it IS a really special grill. I feel it was the zenith of Weber's efforts and being built in 1998 - it was close enough to George's :george:time that Weber was still completely the real deal. They went all out on this grill and built it like a tank. It has a look all of its own and to my eyes so much cooler - and more "Weber" - than the bland stainless-steel grills that make up the high-end market today.

I am hopeful my lucky find of a sheet metal shop that was willing to make stainless shield plates to reinforce the weak firebox will give this grill another long run.

The 6-burner apparently went for about $3K and this one for $2.4K back in 1998. That translates into about $5,500/$4,500 today! Before the introduction of the Vieluxe, this was Weber's finest and most expensive grill.

Thanks, guys, for the complements. It's not a perfect restore, but it IS a really special grill. I feel it was the zenith of Weber's efforts and being built in 1998 - it was close enough to George's :george:time that Weber was still completely the real deal. They went all out on this grill and built it like a tank. It has a look all of its own and to my eyes so much cooler - and more "Weber" - than the bland stainless-steel grills that make up the high-end market today.

I am hopeful my lucky find of a sheet metal shop that was willing to make stainless shield plates to reinforce the weak firebox will give this grill another long run.

The 6-burner apparently went for about $3K and this one for $2.4K back in 1998. That translates into about $5,500/$4,500 today! Before the introduction of the Vieluxe, this was Weber's finest and most expensive grill.

It's impossible to get them perfect, I try too and fail. You're stuff always seems to come pretty close though.

I agree. That is a great restore going on there. It is great that you can even realistically attempt the restore since you seem to have found a solution to the cook box issue which otherwise makes them virtually impossible to restore satisfactorily.

I hate to tell ya what I actually gave for it. :D But, got it when Bob's Ace Hardware was closing it out, they had gotten new models in, and they too as a dealer were closing their doors for good. It was a NOS unit and only paid about $1k out the door. Though it had no side burner when I got it

Back