Solo stove Bonfire.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Picked up a Solo Stove Bonfire, any thoughts on firing it up for the first time?
Looking forward to spending time with the kids in the back yard.

We just got the Solo Stove Yukon a couple of weeks ago. Very nice back yard fire pit. Grandkids love cooking hotdogs and s’mores on it. Toss some wood in and fire it up. Burns very efficiently.

We just got the Solo Stove Yukon a couple of weeks ago. Very nice back yard fire pit. Grandkids love cooking hotdogs and s’mores on it. Toss some wood in and fire it up. Burns very efficiently.
Looking forward to some s’mores with my 9 and 7 year old boys Saturday night!

Interesting looking device. Was perusing FleaBay. They retail about $250 but the crooks on EBay trynna get $500 to $800

Well I put wood in it and burn! Had the Bonfire going this weekend. Crumple a few pieces of newspaper, add some kindling and light. Add wood burn. Color packets are fun.

E4EB0237-1E27-4D1E-94C9-FF2B6C2E0F37.jpeg

69BFFB5F-5217-41E3-A8D8-D7379A953D0A.jpeg

Oh yeah you’ll want to buy a Gabby grill. 18” fits Bonfire. 14” fits Ranger..

1415D33C-3931-47AE-BBF6-8DE1E7297900.jpeg

6BDE99F9-12F1-45AF-9D7E-BBAF72C7DE57.jpeg

54237BBD-6C67-4D51-8D3B-71EFDC8E0325.jpeg

5EB2D154-1961-4A5C-BF9D-93034D9E0C7A.jpeg

4BD22DE5-FEE1-4332-81A0-935774EB833B.jpeg

I’m looking to get to the “smokeless” semi smokeless? secondary burn quickly, I’ve read to stay below the top holes.

I’m looking to get to the “smokeless” semi smokeless? secondary burn quickly, I’ve read to stay below the top holes.
Myth. A hit fire is all you need. lol at my photos. Wood above the rim. If you’re on one of the Facebook groups there’s a lot of bad info people who’ve never built a fire then clamber on the ideas. Photo number one in my above post was started with 3 pieces of crumpled paper and a couple quarters of seasoned wood I used a hatchet to cut into kindling. One quarter piece of wood on too. One Match. Fire was going like that in less than 20 minutes. Keep in mind these are not smoke free, just smokeless. You will be able to enjoy the fire without smoke chasing you around and your clothes won’t be rank with smoke at the end of the evening.

I gotta find me one of those. But I saw one photo of using it on a wood deck with no heat shield of any kind. Recipe for disaster?

I build some pretty good fires in my non-solo fire pit and use a heat shield underneath. Although I'm sure the solo pit burns a little cleaner (with less smoke) the top down fire building method doesn't create much smoke, and is easy to do. Generally speaking I stack about three layers of split fire wood, log cabin style makiing sure there are air gaps in each layer, then I put the kindling on top, use 1 tumbleweed, and then light it up and watch it burn down. About 20 minutes in I have a roaring scary looking fire due to massive air flow and the embers are dropping into the 2nd and 3rd layer and lighting up those logs. About 40 to 60 minutes in I have a pretty mellow looking fire with a bed of coals that will last a long time that I can keep going all night if I want. Because this fire burns hot and clean, and I use dry fire wood, there's usually not much smoke. I'll take some pics to share next time I light up the fire pit.

I'm not hating on the Solo stove, they're cool looking and easy to use. I might buy one when my current fire pit is worn out.

I gotta find me one of those. But I saw one photo of using it on a wood deck with no heat shield of any kind. Recipe for disaster?
There is a stand that you can get with the Solostoves that puts it about 2”-3” off the surface. Solostove says that’s adequate. The bottom doesn’t get super hot, but even on the stand we have killed the grass during a hit burn.

Back