Soldering Iron Reccommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. So did I. That was before I said something about forum content being silently manipulated. Turns out that it's "policy" here and just expect it. Ok. Cool...

It's a free world and there are plenty of websites for you to visit... It really gets me how you guys have no problem taking others work and running with it but somehow seem to have a problem with people taking their own work and doing the same. That's a real head scratcher there....

It's a free world and there are plenty of websites for you to visit... It really gets me how you guys have no problem taking others work and running with it but somehow seem to have a problem with people taking their own work and doing the same. That's a real head scratcher there....

Ralph, since you're replying to me, please cite one single reference where I've taken yours or anyone else work.

I await your reply.

Ralph, since you're replying to me, please cite one single reference where I've taken yours or anyone else work.

I await your reply.

You are using THIS FORUM, which is CHRIS's work, and telling him how to manage it. The fact that you had to ask that question pretty much makes my point.

What did I take? Without forum users, the forum is worthless. Bu silently editing posts, that creates a serious trust issue for the forum members.

I'm not telling Chris how to run the forum, I'm explaining what I have observed as being basic etiquette by pretty much every forum admin/mod I've seen in my 20+ years of being online.

Somehow you've managed to also turn this into a platform to keep talking about being ripped off about your rotodamper.

Anyways, since this thread and sub forum have seemingly taken a bit of a toxic turn lately, I'll just watch things from the sidelines now.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

What did I take? Without forum users, the forum is worthless. Bu silently editing posts, that creates a serious trust issue for the forum members.

I'm not telling Chris how to run the forum, I'm explaining what I have observed as being basic etiquette by pretty much every forum admin/mod I've seen in my 20+ years of being online.

Somehow you've managed to also turn this into a platform to keep talking about being ripped off about your rotodamper.

You continue to misrepresent the situation here, Chris clearly told you he does not "silently edit" posts to change their content. He does add a TVWBB referral to Amazon links that are posted (and soon to Thermoworks links), which provides him a little income to pay for this fine forum you are enjoying.

You say "information wants to be free", but web hosting isn't! Ironically the edit that is made to the Amazon link, which is what you seem to have a problem with, IS kinda "free" because it doesn't cost the person who clicks the link extra. You also seem to think my roto damper "want's to be free", my question is, how do you know what my roto damper wants? LOL ...

Since the soldering iron question has been asked and answered I'm closing this thread.

Also, this is how petty things are here.

DFdQRzxl.png

All this because I had a link to my GitHub repo that contained my HeaterMeter configs and scripts.
I typically do not comment on member rules infractions and will not do so in this case.

Wishing peace to all as we approach Christmas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back