So What's On Your SD( Menu?

Taking wife to airport tomorrow morning so much of my day is shot. Due to limited time it looks like baby backs are on the menu. I guess I will just have to eat the whole rack myself. Hope everyone has a good one.

Breaking in my brand new 18.5" WSM with chicken thighs. Finally stepped up from a modified Brinkmann Gourmet. I'll have baby backs on the kettle/cajun bandit.

I'm experimenting with some lamb shanks. I've only ever braised them before (but with rave reviews every time!) Last night I trimmed them of silver skin and them put on a rub. Now they are smoking away!

PSB and ABTs were scheduled for dinner when my wife gets home from work today. The roast looked lonely so I ran up to the store to get some sausages for lunch....and I got some chicken leg quarters cause they were on sale!

I got started my fire on the WSM at 1 am this morning. Took a little nap and put on a 9 lb packer at 4:45 am. Temp held steady at 229 until the sun started beaming down. Now I'm holding at 239. Moink balls and ABT's will go on later this afternoon. Happy Smoke day to everyone!

Our Smoke Day/Grad party was moved to tomorrow due to the crappy weather here in the Northeast. Did break out the Smokey Joe though and have some fresh sausages cookin' for lunch under the patio umbrella!

Cookin' for a crowd tomorrow....Jumpin' Jim's Chicken Thighs on the WSM, Andouille Sausage and Kayem Old Tyme dogs on the grills.....

Wish I was cooking today with you all, have a great Smoke Day!!!

Back