So what other hobbies do you you guys have?

Sorry, I'm confused, is that pictures of the inside of a store or the inside of your home?

I don’t know if being paid discounts it as a hobby, but if you are a fan of a certain sport, you might spot me on your TV. A 25+ year hobby that has allowed me to stay close to the sport I love.

I don’t know if being paid discounts it as a hobby, but if you are a fan of a certain sport, you might spot me on your TV. A 25+ year hobby that has allowed me to stay close to the sport I love.
Football Official?
Side Judge?
Photographer?
Or....the coolest job on the field. The guy who wears the fluorescent gloves to signal TV timeouts?

Football Official?
Side Judge?
Photographer?
Or....the coolest job on the field. The guy who wears the fluorescent gloves to signal TV timeouts?
Sorry. No further comment from me. Anominity is and will always remain my closest ally.

Wife works there. She gets all kinds of those things. I think we have the Asian ones, German ones and stuff
I have sold older Picard german made leather grip hammers styled like the Estwings. Very nice tools. Had some very nice wood handle Estwing hammers but in all these years never found an unused one in all the USA.

They're only allowed to be sold to employees and they're not allowed to sell them. I guess if caught it can result in dismissal from the company. They're actually not allowed to resell anything they get through employee sales. They can give them as gifts, but no reselling.

They're only allowed to be sold to employees and they're not allowed to sell them. I guess if caught it can result in dismissal from the company. They're actually not allowed to resell anything they get through employee sales. They can give them as gifts, but no reselling.
I may be confusing in my response but the first Eswings were wood sided handles on the steel shaft. Leather grip started 1925-27 there bouts. Your wife through company history may give a more exact date.

The company was only founded in 1923, and IIRC what she's told me about the history of the tools, the first ones had leather handles. They made another type of shock reduction handle in early 2000s. Never heard of any other type of handles.

The company was only founded in 1923, and IIRC what she's told me about the history of the tools, the first ones had leather handles. They made another type of shock reduction handle in early 2000s. Never heard of any other type of handles.
Yes and in ‘23 Estwing started with wood halves each side of the steel shaft then transitioned to stacked leather in 25or 6. Also had a tubular steel shaft for a few short years in the sixties trying to compete with the True Temper Rocket but they couldn’t and dropped the tubular handle model, rubber grip on that one.

That is so weird. She's brought home so much literature on them and history. She's gonna check because as far as she knows and even looking them up they began with the leather handles. But, she'll find out. She can go right to the family source :D
And really you piqued our interest because even when she started with the company ol' Ernie's son Norm was still around

That is so weird. She's brought home so much literature on them and history. She's gonna check because as far as she knows and even looking them up they began with the leather handles. But, she'll find out. She can go right to the family source :D
And really you piqued our interest because even when she started with the company ol' Ernie's son Norm was still around
I’m curious too but I’ve bought and sold those particular hammers many times. May still have a tubular steel shaft style in the containers. I’ll look.

Here’s the wood and I’ll stop hammering and get back on track. D5F67E56-9780-4652-9768-CBF37926E7C7.jpeg

Back