So my wife tells me I have a problem...

Dave Maze

TVWBB Member
Yesterday I picked up another grill, the copper kettle in the picture. I mean, $40 on Marketplace, how could I pass that up??? This morning my wife tells me I have a serious grill problem. I say yeah, we need a bigger garage. But then I started thinking, maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe she's right. So after considering it, I decided to see what some of my new friends think. What better place to get unbiased opinions, right? Okay...time to get back to checking Craigslist/OfferUp/Marketplace. It's been 10 minutes...

Attachments

• Grill Collection.jpg
    Grill Collection.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 77
Yesterday I picked up another grill, the copper kettle in the picture. I mean, $40 on Marketplace, how could I pass that up??? This morning my wife tells me I have a serious grill problem. I say yeah, we need a bigger garage. But then I started thinking, maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe she's right. So after considering it, I decided to see what some of my new friends think. What better place to get unbiased opinions, right? Okay...time to get back to checking Craigslist/OfferUp/Marketplace. It's been 10 minutes...
Better a serious GRILL problem than a serious GIRL problem. I vote for the bigger garage !!

Brad I LOVE that new copper Premium Kettle. Just got a vortex for it today too...thinking wings in a day or two. Richard, glad someone else sees it my way :ROFLMAO:

There is no cure for it so don't fret about it, unless your wife says "you bring another grill home you better plan on living in it" That my friend will not be a good sign.
My wife was and still is very tolerant of my grill addiction even to the point of helping me restore most of the grills I flipped. But we now both agree with the 5th year of no charcoal in the summer due to fire restrictions it really doesn't make any sense to have 10 grills and you can't use half of them for six months of the year. So we are downsizing although we will have one more restore. I have one of the first 10K Weber genesis grills built a 1985 2. It's in excellent shape except the cedar needs to be replaced and some cosmetic painting and clean up.
Barb wants to restore it as a Fall project for the two of us. I told her if you insist honey we can do that. 😉

Guys, don't forget where Dave lives. Here in Florida, grilling and collecting grills is just a way of life here. "COME ON DOWN" ;) :cool::coolkettle:🐊🦈🐬

Rich that's awesome! I just took apart both my Genesis Silvers to start restoring today. The information on the forums here is like gold. So appreciative of you all for putting it together. My wife is actually pretty tolerant too, but then I'm just getting started :LOL:
Joan- YES! Certainly no shortage of grills down here, that's for sure. I'm really enjoying my new hobby and this site has a lot to do with that.

Dave, just remember there are so many people that can help you like they did me and Barb. Enjoy and get your wife involved even just by asking questions as to what she thinks about your current project.
I taught Barb how to ride ATCs, how to target shoot and how to do trap and skeet shooting. She to this day at 74 years old out shoots me it trap and skeet at about 89 out of 100 to my 86. And don't even ask me about her skills in fly fishing.

Thank you! And I think it's growing on her. She was just in the garage for a bit while I was cleaning up the hoods on my Genesis Silvers, so who knows?

Dave, even if she doesn’t help you out like Barb does Rich, if you can show her how each one cooks her a certain meal better than another it goes a long way. My wife is very tolerant of my hobby and loves the food from them. Twelve at last count. She used to grill a lot when she was home with the kids but now in retirement she lets me do it all. But don’t push it and remember, when Mama is happy, everybody is happy. 😀

Funny you should say that Doug...this beauty was listed on Marketplace this morning for $100! I almost pulled the trigger but thought better of it for now. Gotta get those Silvers out of the garage first. Was SO hard to pass up though. Beautiful grill.

Attachments

• Marketplace Grill.png
    Marketplace Grill.png
    945.6 KB · Views: 9
Funny you should say that Doug...this beauty was listed on Marketplace this morning for $100! I almost pulled the trigger but thought better of it for now. Gotta get those Silvers out of the garage first. Was SO hard to pass up though. Beautiful grill.
ITs not a problem till you run out of room!! LOL Thats a screaming deal on the performer!

Yeah I thought so too Jim! Killed me to pass on it. Guy said he used it once, and from the other pictures I believe him! Just rechecked and of course now it has sold, which is a good thing I suppose. Would have been a nice addition though...:LOL:

Even with downsizing the only two charcoal grills I'll keep is my Mini (homemade 14.5 WSM based on a Smokey Joe) and my gas assist performer. The performer makes using charcoal almost as easy as using a gasser.

Well, pretty sure I sold both the Silvers today after working on them a bit, so there's room now! Just wish I would have known that this morning...that thing would be sitting in my garage right now!

Back