So, I'm assembling a kettle for my best friend's 26th wedding anniversary . . . (Done!)

RCW does great work, I try to not rush this kind of work from anyone that is as good as he is. Give them the time to do what they do. The custom cypress pieces he did for me are really spectacular!
I agree. In this case there was a few week delay in RCW contacting me even after a few Facebook messages. By the time I got a return message I had two weeks to get the project completed for the anniversary. My first question was "could the order be in my hands in two weeks", so we picked a wood that he had handles fabricated already, to expedite things, and he said there would be "no problem" getting them done. The engraving was also a simple design. He had them finished in about a week and they only took a few days to arrive. 👍

I agree. In this case there was a few week delay in RCW contacting me even after a few Facebook messages. By the time I got a return message I had two weeks to get the project completed for the anniversary. My first question was "could the order be in my hands in two weeks", so we picked a wood that he had handles fabricated already, to expedite things, and he said there would be "no problem" getting them done. The engraving was also a simple design. He had them finished in about a week and they only took a few days to arrive. 👍
I sent Mark the stock to do mine and told him to put it on the bottom of the pile and I think I had them in about two weeks, then I asked for a stock set in walnut to send to a friend and those were here in a matter of days!
Thanks for recommending him Kyle!

B.A. we did exactly this. Costco Prime ribeye (had to second mortgage the house for those), shrimp with a garlic, lemon, and fresh herbs from the garden marinade, pecan smoke. Also slow cooked a full rack of spare ribs. I think I took photos, but celebratory alcohol was involved, so once I retrieve my camera I'll see if there are photos to post. Thanks for the idea, everyone loved the food.

I left a ribeye behind and my friend made that as his first cook on a Weber kettle the next day. Pretty good first try I think. 👍

View attachment 33563
Tim sounds it was a success. You photo looks great. Looks like he pushed out a good brisket too. You did mention to them that now they will spent more time and money at the meat counter; right? 😂

Back