SnS Kettle...

BHasselback

TVWBB Member
Not sure if this is allowed or not, but I just happened to watch some videos re: the SnS version of the kettle. Anyone actually have one? Looks like it solves some of the issues that Weber users have cried for...probe holes, thermometer on the vent side, table, etc. I use the SnS in my Weber kettle and love it of course, so it seems they make good products. Anyway, feel free to roast me if I broke some rules...

I saw the video's too. I'm pretty sure you're good to talk about whatever grills you want to without fear of getting roasted ;). I haven't noticed any forum members posting about the SNS kettle grill. The SNS grills do look kinda cool but I'd probably stick to a Weber for kettle type grills. Some folks really like the SNS insert but I didn't enjoy using it that much, so I actually gave mine away. The snake (aka fuse) method on a kettle is a little easier to execute IMO vs the SNS, and I like the vortex for searing better than the SNS,

If someone's got a kettle and they're looking for something different, I think the BGE or Kamado Joe are good places to look (but one heckuva price jump). I went from a Kettle to a PK360 and as I've mentioned in other posts.... I miss my kettle sometimes. I'm not sure my kettle is gonna take me back after I've been cheating for year tho 🤣

I am still one-satisfied SlowNSear(SNS) Customer that has purchased the SlowNSear Plus,DripNGriddle Pan,SS Elevated Grate, SS Mini Drip Pan, SS Eesy Spin Grate.

With that said I am still one-happy Weber Customer who has purchased the Weber Mastertouch, Weber Performer Deluxe, WSM 18" Classic and a Weber Smoky Joe with no plans to purchase that good-looking SNS Kettle. Also, I have received excellent Customer Service from both the SNS and Weber Folks. Of note, Weber has Authorized Dealerships here in Costa Rica and there are no SNS Authorized Dealerships.

I am still one-satisfied SlowNSear(SNS) Customer that has purchased the SlowNSear Plus,DripNGriddle Pan,SS Elevated Grate, SS Mini Drip Pan, SS Eesy Spin Grate.

With that said I am still one-happy Weber Customer who has purchased the Weber Mastertouch, Weber Performer Deluxe, WSM 18" Classic and a Weber Smoky Joe with no plans to purchase that good-looking SNS Kettle. Also, I have received excellent Customer Service from both the SNS and Weber Folks. Of note, Weber has Authorized Dealerships here in Costa Rica and there are no SNS Authorized Dealerships.
I'm an SnS fan too. I don't have any interest in their kettle. There's only one, and Weber makes it.

Since I got a WSM bullet, I don't use the kettle to smoke anymore, but the SnS is a great tool for searing. When coupled with the GrillGrate, it's a searing machine!

I've got a kettle and I'm just not in the market for one. If I was I might look at the slow-n-sear kettle. I've got the slow n sear in my Weber kettle and it more or less just lives there. I might take it out to cook burgers on medium direct heat. There's a few really good innovations with the SNS kettle that I kind of wish Weber would do. There's things I don't like about the SNS mainly having to do with the aesthetics. Parts of it just look too much like the cheap Chinese knockoffs. The same is true for their Kamado.

I'm sure it's a nice product. Hard to drop that kind of money though. $325/365 for a new one is a lot for a stand-alone kettle. That's in the range of a new 26" Weber kettle.

I do love using the SnS in my Performer though. I also use it in my 26"er.
Wish SnS made something for the PK360....I'd buy it!

Okay since you asked, I will share my thoughts on why I chose an SNS Kettle over a Weber. First let me say I have owned Weber’s most my adult life including a 1998 EZ 18.5, a Genesis Silver-A, Smokey Joe-14, a Genesis E-310 and a WSM-22. After having the Smokey Mountain-22, I got reinvigorated around charcoal cooking and loved the versatility you have with a Kettle and the right accessories. I was initially interested in the Weber Performer, which was in my (wife's) price range of <$500. However, after reading a ton of reviews and comparing the Performer and SNS Kettle side by side, I noticed the SNS had a few more features that were important to me.

Price/Value: Advantage SNS - they both retail for about $350, however the SNS comes with a $70 slow-in-sear insert where Weber charges an extra $26 for charcoal baskets.

Design/Features: Advantage SNS - let’s face it, the SNS Kettle is a direct rip off of the Weber Performer design; obviously the shape and basic dimensions, to the side table, to the lid catch, to the one touch cleaning system, to the 4-wheel design and lower shelf. However SNS has made a few improvements to their Kettle that Weber should have done years ago. Starting with the temp probe hole and cover, then putting the temp gauge closer to the grate and under the vent away from the heat for more accurate readings. It also includes an easy spin grill grate that moves easily to assist with alternating between cold and hot zones… ideal for searing. Then finally the wonderful little smoke hole which makes temp control a breeze and 225 a reality I could hardly achieve on my other Weber charcoal grills. On a single load of charcoal in the ring (about 110 briquets) and diffusor, I was able to hold 225 for 10 ½ hours before temps dropped. That is WAY longer then I’ve ever achieved on a Weber Kettle.

Weber Advantages: Before it looks like I’m a 100% SNS fan boy let me recognize a few things that are still better about a Weber. Resell Value - I'm amazed at how well Weber grills in serviceable shape can still hold value in the open market. It will be a long time before an SNS grill gains that kind of reputation. Product Offerings - Weber makes so many cool grill types, supplies and accessories, does anybody really compete with their full portfolio of stellar BBQ products? However, those choices, quality and reputation do come at a price.... cuz Weber’s ain't cheap.

Warranty: Equal - Although Weber holds a significant reputation advantage and a great track record as a customer service organization. The two Kettles have very similar warranties with a very slight edge to SNS.

Both: Bowl and lid -10 years, no rust through/burn through

Both: One-Touch cleaning system - 5 years, no rust through/burn through

Both: Plastic components - 5 years, excluding fading or discoloration

Both: All remaining parts - 2 years

SNS: Side Shelf- 5 years no rust through excluding fading or discoloration

Quality and Output: Equal - The only real comparison here is the SNS Kettle-22 with a Performer-22 and in that regard, I believe the SNS is on par with a Weber Kettle in every way and in a few instances perhaps a bit more innovative.

Accessories/Upgrades: Equal - Obviously there is a huge secondary market for customizing a Weber Kettle, however every item that works on a 22 inch Weber Kettle will work on a 22 inch SNS Kettle as their dimensions are nearly identical. I have purchased and used a charcoal ring with heat diffusor and a vortex, accessories all originally made for a Weber-22 and they fit/work perfectly on the SNS-22.

I am still fiercely loyal to Weber and will continue to purchase their products and support the brand. However, in this case, I do think SNS has made improvements over the Weber Kettle at the $350 price point. With that being said, unless you’re in the market for a new kettle and are attracted to the SNS features like I was, I would never sell my Weber Kettle just to upgrade for a few options that could easily be addressed through a little customization or accessorizing. My 2 cents.

Attachments

• SNS Kettle New.jpg
    SNS Kettle New.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Smoking Grill.jpeg
    Smoking Grill.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 10
  • slow-n-sear-kettle-grill.jpg
    slow-n-sear-kettle-grill.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm sure it's a nice product. Hard to drop that kind of money though. $325/365 for a new one is a lot for a stand-alone kettle. That's in the range of a new 26" Weber kettle.

I do love using the SnS in my Performer though. I also use it in my 26"er.
Wish SnS made something for the PK360....I'd buy it!
Recently paid $350 for a new Weber Master Touch Grill here in Costa Rica to accompany my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) and Weber Smoky Joe which now gives me over 44" of Grilling and Rotisserie Space. The Weber 26er is nice but that lid weighs a ton to get-off.

A while back had some of my Costa Rican Relatives over for lunch; so, Spitted a whole chicken on my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie to cook on my Weber Master Touch and grilled a bunch of beef steak, potatoes and veggies on my Weber Performer Deluxe with no problems. I can't say enough good things how that Metal Table on my WPD makes a world of difference when cooking for a crowd!

Attachments

• 17D51ADD-1719-4CA7-B214-0D82B7A83453.jpeg
    17D51ADD-1719-4CA7-B214-0D82B7A83453.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 6CBEFA52-5733-4E93-BC8C-8C4E3284F16F.jpeg
    6CBEFA52-5733-4E93-BC8C-8C4E3284F16F.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 152FBF6A-A72C-4F8C-82D1-4DDB5B2E5FCE.jpeg
    152FBF6A-A72C-4F8C-82D1-4DDB5B2E5FCE.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Recently paid $350 for a new Weber Master Touch Grill here in Costa Rica to accompany my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) and Weber Smoky Joe which now gives me over 44" of Grilling and Rotisserie Space. The Weber 26er is nice but that lid weighs a ton to get-off.

A while back had some of my Costa Rican Relatives over for lunch; so, Spitted a whole chicken on my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie to cook on my Weber Master Touch and grilled a bunch of beef steak, potatoes and veggies on my Weber Performer Deluxe with no problems. I can't say enough good things how that Metal Table on my WPD makes a world of difference when cooking for a crowd!
Great looking gear and tasty cooks youve got lined up there Richard

Back