SMTP Setup

After a complete reimage it all works as documented.

I have a theory of what the problem was ia the type of person that doesn't like allot of extra connections or configured items. It may not make sense but I removed the fallback, IPv6 and LAN network connections which I feel was tied into the DNS and other network functions. I am not going to test my theory. It works and I really don't want to get into R&D.

Thank everyone for their time.

After a reimage It all works as documented.

I have a theory to the issue I was having. I am a person who doesn't like excess configuration values. That being said I had deleted the Fallback, LAN and IPv6 network connection settings. I feel that one of those was tied to DNS and other networking issues. It may not make sense but that was when DNS failed. I'm not going to do any R&D it's working now.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Lessons learned; Everyone has theories, solutions and opinions but, don't recommend fixes if you don't know the ins and outs it complicates matters.

I'm glad you've got it to work... but I have to disagree with your last statement. If nobody offered a potential fix unless they know 100% about the matter there would be nobody offering help here. It seems this thread landed right in the pocket, eventually suggesting you may have some sort of DNS/Network issue, and your theory seems to point firmly in that direction.

Last edited:

Back