Smoking Fish?

Wow Mickey. A little rough, don't you think? You can disagree with someone, but you don't really need to go so far you sound hateful...

As to Harry responding to this thread, while I know he and Donna have been here in the past, I am not thinking they are checking in daily like the rest of us that are still learning the craft...

That said, I still smoke fish on my WSM...

Wow Mickey. A little rough, don't you think? You can disagree with someone, but you don't really need to go so far you sound hateful...

As to Harry responding to this thread, while I know he and Donna have been here in the past, I am not thinking they are checking in daily like the rest of us that are still learning the craft...

That said, I still smoke fish on my WSM...

Hee hee hee. Hateful? Relax, pal. :) Good God almighty. Wherein lies the hate?

And you actually know Harry and Donna? I'm impressed. What are they really like? I wonder what they have for breakfast? Do you know if they have any pets? :)

Last edited:
Mickey M...

The BBQ world, especially the comp BBQ family, is a very tight knit group with most parties knowing one another, some personally, some not.
A number of forum members have either taken Harry's class and/or know Harry and Donna personally.
Both Harry and Donna are good people who enjoy everything BBQ and find enjoyment in spreading the BBQ love.
As a KCBS CBJ & TC, I have judged many competitions where Harry and Donna have cooked.
Can I, as a judge, taste those off "flavor particles"... Yes, I can. As can most judges.
Will it affect a comp team's score... most likely.

This is a question that has come up time and time again from newbies with a WSM and going to Harry's site for guidance.
If this piece of advice only applies to using it in a comp?, than fine, mention that and highlite it so to avoid confusion for the regular back-yard joe just starting out.
Tim

Very true ! Totally agree.

Personally I followed Harry's advice with the extensive seasoning and haven't cooked fish, hot dogs and a million other smokeable items.
And as such, have missed enjoying those items. But mine will be ready for a special comp in June next year. (fingers crossed)

My comments earlier were mostly in response to the 'fan boys' comment.
Thankfully the BBQ family here as well as the extended BBQ family see it differently.

Last edited:

Back