Smokin Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff S.

TVWBB Fan
So whats everybody smokin this weekend?
I myself have 3 butts weighing just over 20 lbs. that were just rubbed Mr. Brown style. Plan on putting them on the WSM tomorrow evening.
Dont know how long there gonna take,,, but I plan on a long cook, and got plenty of cold beer & good music to help me through.
And with the new addtion to my BBQ arsenal(ET-73)
I might even catch a few winks so Im not dead the next day.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all your input. You have all been a big help! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I was planning to smoke a fresh ham I saw at the store yesterday, but when I went back today it was gone! (actually, both of 'em were gone, as there had been two).

So no smoke in my immediate future, I'm afraid.

: (

Well, I have an 8lb. butt rubbed with a southern succor rub and finished with half sweet baby rays and the other with Georgia mustard. A whole chicken (beer can.) Hind quarters seasoned with a ancho chili rub and brats. The butt I did over night and the kids tore that up way befor the chicken and brats were done.

Good Q'in
Chach

Smoked 6 butts totaling 45lbs. precooked weight. My biggest cook so far. Now comes the "fun" part, pulling all that meat and packaging it for a party next Friday!

Wayne

Planning on smoking baby backs on one grate and a beef tenderloin on the other...going to shred the tenderloin and make chili's colorado with it (already got the sauce made) and eat it on tortillas with fresh chopped onion and sour cream...mmm.

Wife wanted ribs I wanted beef....compromised and it keeps her away from my baby (WSM) LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, Im now 14.0 hours into my 20 lbs of pork butt's.
I really like the ET-73. I can get signals all through the house very easily, and I was even able to get a few winks in.
If all goes well I will be pulling the butt's off in another 1-2 hours, wrap them in foil, and place in a cooler for another hour.
Then it will be time to pull.
I dont know if my trustee BBQ dog can wait any longer,,, she's been sitting by the WSM all night!
Hope everyone else has a wonderful BBQ this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back