Smokey Mountainstein

CarlitoA

I've been wanting to add a table to my WSM and finally lucked out and found a performer table for sale for cheap. I've seen this done before but only a couple pics and no write up so I just kinda winged it.

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 64
Looks good. .

I built a rolling table that I place next to mine. I didn't realize how expensive it was going to be. Or I would just ordered a stainless steel table. Seriously just the wooden table i built was about $100. And this is nothing fancy just made out of pressure treated 2x6 and painted. There is a handle at one end to lift it up to roll it it (only has wheels on one end). I used 1/2" pipe for that handle, and you can hang barbecue tools off of it. The pipe fittings, tees caps nipples stands etc used to make the handle and attach it to the table about $35 alone.. for this handle... Then it was another $200 for the stainless steel top surface 27 x 33 x 1.5.

But I can put my hot lid on it ,; and I can even clean it up for food prep. I tell my kids they'll fight over this table when I'm gone. Roll it out whenever I'm grilling or using the WSM

I plan on building one from an old Genesis frame. For the top I saved the stainless steel front off of my old dishwasher when I scrapped it. BE88C98F-D925-4EC3-A557-23D2530B9124.jpeg

That looks good Carlito, I like how you have the tubes going through the wooden base. I’ve got my 18” in a gen1 Performer frame. I’m 6’4” and appreciate the extra height it gives.
View attachment 54890
Nice setup! And I have the same color performer but not the metal table. That's an upgrade I want to do but that part is so expensive.

Back