Smokey Chipotle Chicken on the Kettle

Steve Madden

TVWBB Super Fan
Good Monday morning all. Got a request from my dad to make a recipe he saw on the food network.

Smokey Chipotle Chicken

It has a mayonnaise based marinade and sauce with a can of chipotles and some other items. I only had a chance to marinade it for a few hours but the results were fantastic. I was concerned it would be too spicy but my two year old devoured an entire thigh, no problem. It was also my first time doing potatoes on the grill and it will certainly not be my last.

IMG_0695.JPEG

IMG_0699.jpeg

Looks outstanding Steve. I sometimes go with 2 or 3 chiles in adobo but and entire can. That's a lot of heat. Did you put all the adobo sauce in as well? I made a sauce one time using an entire can and it was too much heat, and I'm a heat freak. Your two year old is a trooper!!

Thanks Cliff! I used the whole can and all of the adobo sauce as well. Also, after putting the chicken on the grill slathered in the marinade, a lot of it melts off during the cook.

And he is a trooper and a great eater. Every night at dinner he chants "MEAT! MEAT! MEAT!". Now we just need to figure out how to get some veggies in him!

Everything looks great! I was just digging through the pantry and found an abundance of chipotles in adobo sauce. hiding out. I may have to give this a whirl (that's right might as well spin a bird on the rotisserie!).

Back