Smoker stand/cart build from last weekend

DerekChase

TVWBB Member

Alright, I think that the flickr.com one worked finally. One of my buddies and I started on this Thursday night at about 7:30 pm and got the framing work and floor finished. On Friday evening about 5:30pm we started on the cabinet, the metal top and had all of that finished about 8:30pm. This coming weekend we are going to add (6) 4 inch caster wheels, (1) paper towel holder, (1) towel holder, (1) door for the cabinet, (1) drawer over the charcoal bins, (2) hooks for the smoker lid, (1) bottle opener with magnet cap catcher and (8) hangers for cooking utensils. If anyone else has any ideas of what else I might want/need let me know.

Thanks for looking!!! (Sorry about all the different posts)

Lighting? That's still the rub for me every time, I'm trying to decide how to do improve visibility for the seven months of the year when it's less than optimum around here. I was thinking, maybe a pipe flange,length of pipe the right length and running wire through to a weather proof fixture on top?
I like tunes out there too but, Bluetooth technology has made that a lot easier!

Alright, I think that the flickr.com one worked finally. One of my buddies and I started on this Thursday night at about 7:30 pm and got the framing work and floor finished. On Friday evening about 5:30pm we started on the cabinet, the metal top and had all of that finished about 8:30pm. This coming weekend we are going to add (6) 4 inch caster wheels, (1) paper towel holder, (1) towel holder, (1) door for the cabinet, (1) drawer over the charcoal bins, (2) hooks for the smoker lid, (1) bottle opener with magnet cap catcher and (8) hangers for cooking utensils. If anyone else has any ideas of what else I might want/need let me know.

Thanks for looking!!! (Sorry about all the different posts)

What about installing a bracket to hold an shade umbrella in place while you prep? Table looks great!

Lighting? That's still the rub for me every time, I'm trying to decide how to do improve visibility for the seven months of the year when it's less than optimum around here. I was thinking, maybe a pipe flange,length of pipe the right length and running wire through to a weather proof fixture on top?
I like tunes out there too but, Bluetooth technology has made that a lot easier!

I have flood lights on the porch that I can turn on a off. I don't know why I didn't turn them on in the picture. Must have been to excited about eating.

Great looking rig , brother. My one thought would be to put some metal under the smoker . When I made my cart for my WSM the first time I used it I burnt the bottom with a chunk of lit charcoal that landed on it unbeknownst to me. Maybe one of those oildrip pans you can buy at Walmart. But that is a nice job really.

Back