Smoker Cleaning Time

Any special solvents used to clean grease on the outside?
I used CitriSafe to get grease loosened up and then used a scraper to clean out the inside. After that, I just scooped it all out and wiped her down. I do it every year so it wasn't too bad, but I have had some big cooks this year already. Oh, and I also used some high heat grill paint clean up the firebox and some other spots that were starting to rust.

IMG_7644.jpeg

I used CitriSafe to get grease loosened up and then used a scraper to clean out the inside. After that, I just scooped it all out and wiped her down. I do it every year so it wasn't too bad, but I have had some big cooks this year already. Oh, and I also used some high heat grill paint clean up the firebox and some other spots that were starting to rust.

View attachment 98473
I place a large aluminum pan in the bottom of my offset, it makes clean-up on the bottom very easy. I was talking about what do you use on the exterior metal surface to clean any grease build up.

I place a large aluminum pan in the bottom of my offset, it makes clean-up on the bottom very easy. I was talking about what do you use on the exterior metal surface to clean any grease build up.
Not any grease build up on the outside. I keep her pretty clean so it’s easy to clean that part. I use Weber’s grill cleaner for exterior surfaces. They have one for interior as well. I just spray it on wipe it down with a paper towel.

Not any grease build up on the outside. I keep her pretty clean so it’s easy to clean that part. I use Weber’s grill cleaner for exterior surfaces. They have one for interior as well. I just spray it on wipe it down with a paper towel.
Does Weber's cleaner do a better job than something off-brand? Never tried it but my grills need a good cleaning this weekend.

The Enterprise was in desperate need of a refit, so since she's already in the smoke dock I thought I would give her a good cleaning up inside and out. This old girl is 8 years old and she's still looking pretty good.

View attachment 98471View attachment 98472
Nice looking fleet! What happens to the guys that show up on your patio wearing long sleeved red shirts? 🤣 Kidding aside, that off set looks awesome for being 8 years old. I really want to try using an offset stick burner someday but not sure when I'll pull the trigger.

Nice looking fleet! What happens to the guys that show up on your patio wearing long sleeved red shirts? 🤣 Kidding aside, that off set looks awesome for being 8 years old. I really want to try using an offset stick burner someday but not sure when I'll pull the trigger.
Thanks! I really love my Lang 48. I had wanted one for years and finally got it in 2016. As for the red shirts...

Image.jpeg

🤣😂

Back