Smoker attacked by a bear

Clark Deutscher

TVWBB All-Star
Good night last night. We made some spares and headed over to a friend house to watch UFC 100. Come home the smoker and warm charcoal is all over the back yard with bear tracks everywhere and all of the foil chewed off the water pan. Good times! On the positive side there's nothing wrong with the smoker.

Clark

Originally posted by Clark Deutscher:
Good night last night. We made some spares and headed over to a friend house to watch UFC 100. Come home the smoker and warm charcoal is all over the back yard with bear tracks everywhere and all of the foil chewed off the water pan. Good times! On the positive side there's nothing wrong with the smoker.

Clark
this thread is USELESS without pictures*
icon_biggrin.gif

how often does that happen? at least the bear didn't get the spares
icon_wink.gif

*it is a JOKE, but the foot prints would make a nice picture

Glad to hear the smoker is fine! Maybe a pair of fuzzy ears, fake bear nose, and fur coat draped around it next time. Bear may think its one of its own
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL @ hang smoker from a tree. Wow I think if I was in my yard and a bear were to approach me while smoking, you probably would not be reading this post. I would have had a heart attach and died! Good to hear all is well. +1 on.... need pic's. Vince

Just wanted to add how do you think the bears paws and mouth feel right about now? A little crispy I'm guessing. I'm bad I know I'm bad.

That's a great story.

Makes me wary of the overnight cooks. I live in Toronto. No bears, but lots of raccoons. Those things will knock over anything if they think there's food. My one and only overnight cook, I went to check at 3am..and caught a raccoon scurrying away. I went back upstairs, had visions of the smoker knocked over, hot coals too close to my deck and....well, I spent the rest of the night sleeping in the backseat of my car. First time I had to do that without having gotten into a fight with the wife (kidding).

Maybe if the raccoons are out in the woods...but since city critters are on a 100% garbage diet, then probably doesn't do wonders for the meat's flavour.

Bear, on the other hand, does sound good. Imagine how many you could fee with pulled bear shoulder?

Sorry folks, no pics. I was a little ticked off when it happened, just cleaned up and had a beverage. Pretty lucky though, usually I put the smoker on the deck but it was on the rocks. There was a couple little dents I found on it on the weekend but nothing too major. It's surprising it took this long to happen really!

Smoked bear does sound like a good idea, maybe I'll go try and find him tonight.

Clark

Take pics and send em to Weber and tell them how even bears like a WSM. Maybe you'll get a comp repair.

I'm worried about raccoons as well, but I bought a 22" and I find it a pain to move around. I can't imagine a raccoon doing anything but bouncing off of it.

Bears!! Now that is truly the great outdoors. Even tough it isn't recommended, I know that some of us put their smoker on a wooden deck. This could be a disaster if some creature does what this bear did.

*No thread steal intended* but....

Especially with other guyz like Bobby Lashley(265) and Bob Sapp (350Lbs). But then again do we really want to water down the weakest weight class talent wise, even more?!?

Opps... man am I off topic

Not a bad point, only thing is it could be a strong division if they signed some of the other major heavies. Fedor, Barnett, Arlovski, Rogers, Sylvia (althought the Mercer loss is odd), Rothwell, Nelson and on and on!

Wow, certainly not something I have to worry about around here. Fun story though.

As for Lesnar, after his post fight antics I would probably rather hang out with a bear - less annoying.

Oh and forget Lesnar lets talk about Dan Henderson!

Originally posted by Clark Deutscher:
Not a bad point, only thing is it could be a strong division if they signed some of the other major heavies. Fedor, Barnett, Arlovski, Rogers, Sylvia (althought the Mercer loss is odd), Rothwell, Nelson and on and on!

Actually Fedor has 1 more fight in Pride sometime in August, then will be signed in the UFC. Fedor will kill Lesnar take it to the bank.......

Read more HERE

Clark: Most of those fighters have already lost in UFC previously. I just thing the talent and atheletic level is lacking in hvy weight.

Larry: I will be really excited to see Fedor fight Lesnar and also see him fight Bobby Lashley... Dana is guarenteed he will sign Fedor this year! Fedor seems to do better against hvy weights than he does light hvy weights but I have never seen him fight someone 250+ that can move at all. Will be interesting ;p

Back