Smoke'em If you got'em

JTodd

TVWBB Member
I am off today and tomorrow, so i dropped a seven and half pounder on at 6:10 am est fired up the 65 inch plasma pulled some blu-rays off the shelf and gonna kick back and let the Hickory smoke roll. About 11 am i may even pop a top on a Stella or a Schlitz. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Joe, did I just hear you say Schlitz? Man, I knew there was something I really liked about you when I delivered your WSM!
icon_biggrin.gif
My dad used to brew Schlitz at the plan in Winston. Even farther back, he worked at the brewery in Milwaukee until he got transferred to Winston Salem! any how, I've been in the area just about every evening this week, and have been hoping to catch the aroma of some fresh smoked meats!! Good luck to ya, maybe one of these days I'll catch ya outside, and we cand swap some pointers!!!!
icon_wink.gif

Tim

Tim
My dad and your dad have to know each other. My Dad worked in the powerhouse in the Winston plant from 1969 until a year before it shut down. He retired from there with 28 years i think.

The shoulder turned out fine, i pulled it off after 12.5 hours i used the water pan instead of the clay saucer this time.I also used Harris Teeter brand 100% all natural charcoal a 9lb bag and it just, was enough. I like Stubbs better but the wife had a coupon and it was on sale so i got a few bags, it worked fine.
We are getting ready to make up some bbq nachos around 2PM while the ball games are on. homemade sauce, hickory smoked q, and a Schlitz or 5 and it will top off a great weekend. Hope all you guys have a great week. I will try and figure out how to post pics for the next time.

Thanks Tim,
I got home and i almost tripped over a big ole bucket of oak chunks. I really really appreciate it as busy as you are this time of year that is a big act of kindness. I am going to order some apple off of ebay or from fruita woods and maybe i can return your bucket with some apple in it, and a Schlitz or 2 in the bottom.
icon_wink.gif

Joe, hows about some Pecan? I'v come across a FEW
icon_wink.gif
extra pounds!!
I can have it to ya By Thanksgiving!! My e-mail is posted on my profile.
just let me know,
Tim

Back