Smoked trout?

I'm also someone who generally likes strong tasting coffee (less sugar and cream); beer; or smoked meats. But with fish, I think I'm more selective.

Glad you liked the dip, I’d use less wine for me, it might have been a little wetter than I prefer but, that’s in the teeth of the beholder.
You say “Packed” on 8-25 and cooked 9-1
Was this sitting in your fridge for a week?

Glad you liked the dip, I’d use less wine for me, it might have been a little wetter than I prefer but, that’s in the teeth of the beholder.
You say “Packed” on 8-25 and cooked 9-1
Was this sitting in your fridge for a week?

Yes. I initially thought I was going to make it on Wednesday, and decided to wait until the weekend.

Maybe once I decided to change the day, I could have frozen it on Tuesday and put it back in the fridge on Friday. What do you think?

The reason I bought it last Saturday on 8-25 (and made sure to get something packed that day) was because that's when I went to Costco. I can go to Costco on a weekday if I have to, but otherwise it was easier to go on the weekend.

Yeah, I initially started with 8 oz of cream cheese, then realized I had put too much wine at 1/4 cup. So I doubled the cream cheese to 1 lb.

The wait very well have made a big difference in the end result, a week is a loooong time in shelf life of fish. Try to do one same day next time, I think you will have better results.
Had you frozen it, it would have more likely turned much more mushy, that’s just been my experience.
When you drop the fifteen lit coals, I generally drop them ON a piece of smoke wood so you’re sure to get some right away.
For trout, I don’t think I’d use much more than one or two fist size pieces, maybe more for salmon.

Back