Smoked Tofu...please don't ask.

Well....after about 90 minutes...they are....not bad? Flavor is actually pretty good with nice smoke, but can't say I love the texture...kind of "dry sponge" like. Brushed/glazed them with some BBQ sauce/broth mix as well when they were out there. We are going to add them to an Asian noodle soup so hoping they go in there well.

To eat "standalone", I would need more dip perhaps. Tossed in some almonds since I had the rig going anyways...

1654561326662.png

1654561354161.png

Cube it up and sauce it like burnt ends. It’s just like eating meat.

We already cubed it up and put it in broth. Maybe chunks were too big, Don't know...maybe we have the wrong KIND of tofu, but it is NOT like meat! A little firm, but almost more like feta cheese. Wife hates the texture...can't say I love it. Will have to experiment some more.

We already cubed it up and put it in broth. Maybe chunks were too big, Don't know...maybe we have the wrong KIND of tofu, but it is NOT like meat! A little firm, but almost more like feta cheese. Wife hates the texture...can't say I love it. Will have to experiment some more.
Which tofu? Extra firm? And did you press it to get its moisture out?

You could fork smash it and toss it in fried rice. Or, drop it in hot oil and fry it. Fried tofu is always good.

Keep trying. Tofu makes for an easy meal. And lighter too.

Tofu is polarizing in our family. Some like it. Some dislike it. Nobody is "meh."

I am on the "like it" side, but never cooked it on the grill. Grilling tofu seems worth a try. Maybe one of the "dislike" people will change sides. Not likely.

Which tofu? Extra firm? And did you press it to get its moisture out?

You could fork smash it and toss it in fried rice. Or, drop it in hot oil and fry it. Fried tofu is always good.

Keep trying. Tofu makes for an easy meal. And lighter too.

Yes, it was an extra-firm. We froze it (as recommended by many sites to improve the texture) and pressed it as well. I marinated it in some soy, tamari, and a few other things which is sucked up like a sponge....

We'll probably keep playing with...thanks for the suggestions. Don't think I would grill again though....I think this is an ingredient that is served better by indoor cooking perhaps.

Well, the palate is personal, I don’t think I’d give much of a hoot about it. It, I’m sure there are those who might find it delectable! Now, the almonds? I’m IN!

Back