Smoked Sausages

Joe P

TVWBB Member
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried making smoke sausages on the WSM. I was thinking of buying some mild italian sausages and putting them on the WSM with some smoke wood at about 350 degrees.

Anyone try something similar?

Joe,
Smoked sausage is a HUGE hit at my house, I can never have enough on hand it seems. I get ones that have provolone, garlic and peppers in them.

They go FAST

I cook them at around 230-240 for a couple of hours.

Rath *loves dem sausages*

this is really helpful. I keep wanting to find things to use my WSM for, but don't always have the time for a long smoke. I made fatties the other day and they were a big hit.

This is very frequently my lunch on days I am smoking pork butts. I just find a place to stuff a few sausages on the grate somewhere for an hour or two. Good stuff.

-Matt

I love the idea of smoked sausages and will be doing some. Is low and slow the rpeferred method?

Also, I want to make my own sausages and have bought some skins. Anyone got any good sausage recipes????

When smoking sausages low and slow, I prefer sausages that don't have too much fat in them. Otherwise, you may bite into a grease bomb.

We like to smoke sausages here as well. The favorite seems to be Italian, marinated in
Italian salad dressing. I smoke them on a kettle
indirect with mesquite or apple at about 300 degrees. Sheboygan coarse Brats are the next
best favorite, in a beer bath as soon as they come
off the kettle.

I have smoked several varieties, hot links, chicken with garlic and cilantro, anduoulie & elk and I have always cooked them around 220-230 for about on hour and a half to an hour and forty five minutes. They have come out great. I usually throw them on while I am cooking ribs, butts or whatever.
Pat

I have great results with both italian and chicken sausage. There are days that I do not have time for a long cook but still want to fire up the WSM.

Back