Smoked Pork Picnic Shoulder

EricV.

TVWBB Guru
After that pizza workout last night, I needed something more relaxing today. The picnic contains the arm bone and the shank, and typically has most of the skin still attached. How could I pass I pass it up 9.5lb. at .85/lb.! Set-up was the old fashion snake with Stubbs coals & apple wood & some of Malcolm Reeds The BBQ Rub. Foiled at 165 degrees, pulled at 200, enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3381.JPG
    IMG_3381.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3384.JPG
    IMG_3384.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3385.JPG
    IMG_3385.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 20
Looks like you had a relaxing day that ended with a tasty meal, Eric. I am halfway through a box of Oliva Serie V......good smoke!

R

After that pizza workout last night, I needed something more relaxing today. The picnic contains the arm bone and the shank, and typically has most of the skin still attached. How could I pass I pass it up 9.5lb. at .85/lb.! Set-up was the old fashion snake with Stubbs coals & apple wood & some of Malcolm Reeds The BBQ Rub. Foiled at 165 degrees, pulled at 200, enjoy!
Nice looking plate. A bunch of my favorites too !

Looks like you had a relaxing day that ended with a tasty meal, Eric. I am halfway through a box of Oliva Serie V......good smoke!

R
Yeah I bought a box of double toro Series V a couple of months ago. This was only the second one that I have smoked, +2 hour smoke. Very smooth & well balanced for a full flavor stick.

Looks great man.
I like adding the " other pics " in when I post as well, I do enjoy yours.
The cigar and what appears to be a pitcher of margarita's
I love the sides and everything, that's one that sticks to you ribs

Back