Smoked Meatloaf

Chris Stanek

TVWBB Fan
I was looking through the recipe sections last week and saw all the great meatloaf recipes. It's one of the few things I've never tried to do. Sooo...

I figured what better way to smoke a meatloaf than with the Rib-O-Lator. The results were fantastic! I love that thing!

BBQMeatloaf3.jpg

The finished product:
BBQMeatloaf2-1.jpg

Very nice.
Good looking yard and residents.
I've had a nice 3" deep, 1/2 acre pond in my backyard this spring.
Lovely post , though.

Thanks Mike. That's the oasis. That's where we "get away" to and pretend.

The little kids from across the street spend a lot of time in our pool since our daughter is 17 now and it's no longer cool to hang with the folks.
icon_smile.gif

Very nice meatloaf Chris! I tried my first meatloaf a couple of weeks back and I'm convinced there is no other way to cook them now.

Love the backyard too...my wife is hounding me for a pool but I'm still fighting it.

Thinking about this morning, I think I can dial it in a bit. I was already about 3 tumblers of margaritas down when I made the game time decision to do it. I just sorda through everything together. I used 5 pounds of steak grindings and about 2 pounds of pork, 7 large eggs, about 10oz of bread crumbs. I didn't measure really, but just through in gralic powder, onion powder, thyme, sage, and sum rub.

I found a bottle of Jardines mustard bbq sauce and figured that'd work in a pinch. It was just fine. I put a little bit in the mix and then glazed with it twice starting about 45 minutes until I was done. I used a total of 3 small chunks of apple which was almost perfect. I bit more probably would have been better. I think hickory or mesquite wouldn't work as well as the apple for this particular dish.

I think if I put a bit of effort into it it can really be one of the awsome signature sleeper kind of meals.

Back